Some of my painted minis

Shadowdragon

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I really like these three - the scales/skin of the dragons is really nice - I would say the second dragon might need a couple of glaze coats to smooth out those highlights a bit. The griffon is just excellent - if that is your definition of 'table top' quality I am really looking forward to seeing more from you!

• Like 1

Thanks everyone, I'll have some more pics up as soon as I'm finished the three reaper bones minis I'm currently working on. As for the first dragon, yea, the contrast in colour for the scales is a bit off. I think I made the wash a bit too dark. But, it's how my friend wanted it: lighter scales with very dark between bits. As for the base colour, that was a royal pain in the posterior to make. It took me several attempts to get that particular colour. I believe it's Trollblood Base, mixed with a bit of Greatcoat Grey to dull the colour, then mixed with Underbelly Blue to lighten it. All these are P3 paints. The highlight colour has some silver mixed in to give it a bit of a shine, although I'm not sure that comes across in the pic very well.

I just finished up a Marsh Troll from the Bones kickstarter. I'm seriously thinking of taking some water effect and putting it onto this guy as dripping marsh goo.

marshtroll.jpg

Next on my painting table is the ssssssexy, sssssseductive, and sssssssix armed Vandorendra.

Looks good Shadowdragon! That blending on his belly is very close to mine.

http://www.reapermini.com/forum/index.php?/topic/50242-bones-river-troll/

• Like 1

I finally have some more minis to show off! Did I mention I can be a very slow painter, especially when I get swamped with all kinds of "real world" stuff.

Now, because Vandorendra has some plastic nudity I'm not entirely sure if I can post a pic of her here. The guidlines say no nudity, but it's one of Reaper's own miniatures and there are pics of it painted in the gallery. Even though I think it's hugely hypocritical (and very unnecessary, I mean this is plastic and paint we're talking about here, not pictures of real women), I'll err on the side of caution and just post a link instead.

http://tristansnexus.files.wordpress.com/2013/11/vandorendra.jpg

I've also painted up Black Mist, who I'm assuming is modestly dressed enough for this forum (although he is showing off a pair of big guns) so I'll post an actual pic instead of another link. I'm not completely happy with his paint job. I may come back to him at some point and at the very least clean up his guns and try to pick out some of their detail.

blackmist.jpg

Coming soon: Is something ticking? Sounds kind of like clockwork, very large clockwork...

• Like 7