Kickstarter Specific Paints how do i get them?

Moondancerbb

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

just a quick suggestion for the Reaper peeps. When these paints, and the ones from KSII are released to the general public, please tag them as kickstarter paints for those that missed the kickstarters. I know that I would love to get paints from KS 1 and would have no idea what paints were introduced in the project. Also, if it would be feasible to release them as sets that would be great too.

• Like 2

THIS JUST IN!

Releasing January 6th, all 24 new colours from the Kickstarter I paint sets!

Individually, as triads, or as a 2014 collection of all 24 paints, in a pistol case, for $64.99!

http://www.reapermini.com/misc/distributionphotos/01-06-14.pdf

Edited by Last Knight
  • Like 4

THIS JUST IN!

Releasing January 6th, all 24 new colours from the Kickstarter I paint sets!

Individually, as triads, or as a 2014 collection of all 24 paints, in a pistol case, for $64.99!

http://www.reapermini.com/misc/distributionphotos/01-06-14.pdf

How cruel. Released just in time to not be on my Christmas list.

(Knew I should have put more into that last kickstarter).

At least I know that there is a good chance I get a wad of cash for the holidays.

• Like 1

I love how they give us the option of getting individual pants, triads, or the whole set in a travel case. I don't think any other paint manufacturer gives their customers so many buying options. They really do know what they're doing. If I didn't have 3 Reaper paint cases already I'd be tempted to get this one as well. I also like that they didn't add as many new colors in the second Kickstarter. No need to flood the market with more colors than necessary.

• Like 1

I love how they give us the option of getting individual pants, triads, or the whole set in a travel case. I don't think any other paint manufacturer gives their customers so many buying options. They really do know what they're doing. If I didn't have 3 Reaper paint cases already I'd be tempted to get this one as well. I also like that they didn't add as many new colors in the second Kickstarter. No need to flood the market with more colors than necessary.

If you're planning on getting all the colours anyway, I'd recommend getting the case... works out to $2.70 apiece with a free paint case, and if you can't use it I'm sure someone else will jump at it.
  • Like 1

If you're planning on getting all the colours anyway, I'd recommend getting the case... works out to $2.70 apiece with a free paint case, and if you can't use it I'm sure someone else will jump at it.

I agree. My only problem is that I can't imagine where I'd fit any more paint on my desk. I ordered all the paints from Bones II, even though I had all the colors from the first set already. I may have to start wall mounting them but then I don't know where I'd put the color charts! I even bought 2 shelf organizers (spice or canned goods type) to fit them. At this point I may just have to cherry pick the most useful colors unless I can somehow make more space. I still plan on getting a few more Secret Weapon washes to round out the set.

I keep mine in my paint box, with the HDs in their pistol case. ^_^ Then I just have whatever I'm working with at the moment out on my desk.

I did that for a while too, but once I had 3 pistol cases filled with overflow around them and old GW paints, inks, washes, and glazes here and there it just got to disorganized. The shelf organizers have helped a lot but I'm still out of room. My problem with storing paint away from the desktop is "out of sight, out of mind". I have a Himalayan salt lamp and an external hard drive I may be able to move to squeak out enough room to add the new KS2 paints and some of these KS1 paints. I really love the look of some of these colors. I guess sacrificing the lamp and putting the hard drive in a less secure spot is the way to go.

I keep mine in my paint box, with the HDs in their pistol case. ^_^ Then I just have whatever I'm working with at the moment out on my desk.

I did that for a while too, but once I had 3 pistol cases filled with overflow around them and old GW paints, inks, washes, and glazes here and there it just got to disorganized. The shelf organizers have helped a lot but I'm still out of room. My problem with storing paint away from the desktop is "out of sight, out of mind". I have a Himalayan salt lamp and an external hard drive I may be able to move to squeak out enough room to add the new KS2 paints and some of these KS1 paints. I really love the look of some of these colors. I guess sacrificing the lamp and putting the hard drive in a less secure spot is the way to go.

My painting area is a TV tray. I wish I could set up a permanent area to paint with even most of the paints out. So I am limited to exactly what I am using at the time for the current project.