• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

OOooooo very purdy....

Like Corporea said, it's very soft and smooth. Love the NMM's on the sword, and everything has good contrast. Love it a ton.

And now I need to work on mine like I promised myself... but I doubt it will be anywhere near as smoooooth as yours. :lol:

• Like 1

She came out lovely, Cash, well done indeed! I'm going to be referencing yours when I get to mine just so I can see what all the fiddly bits are (the detail IS a bit soft in spots, now that I look at mine). The extra bit of highlighting you did on her hair really makes it pop. :)

The only thing that bugs me is that bendy sword of hers. It's an OCD thing, I know, but I keep wanting to straighten it out every time I see it. :lol:

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

• Like 1

She looks sweet. That's an impressive use of a soft, gentle low contrast palette without letting any detail get lost.

I talked about it a bit in the WIP, but it was a real challenge. For those not playing along at home, one of my self-challenges with this one was to avoid dark shadows and low values, no lining. I wanted to keep it light and girly, and also step outside my comfort zone as that can sometimes turn into a crutch. So thanks to everyone for the kind words, especially for noticing that aspect :)

• Like 2

Arg, that sword. That's two baths later.

I feel your pain. ::(: I had two skeletons that flatly refused to stand upright, even after 4 hot/cold dunks.

Your signature velvety smooth painting style does her justice, and your decision to forgo lining really worked out. :)

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

• Like 1

She turned out great. I really like all of it but the staff really draws my eye, I like how simple and natural it looks.

I've been slowly chipping away (see what I did there?) at wood textures. I dig brown anyway, there's so much depth and interest and I've always thought it gets something of a bad rap. So I've been trying to develop some interesting leathers and woods as I go. I had recently seen someone do something cool with a greyed, weathered wood so I took the brown I was going to use and added some grey.

My favorite part might actually be the leather collar thingy. So simple, but I feel it's the first time I've really done a nice piece of leather.

Really nice work. I love the colors, and I especially love the work you did on the lining of the skirt; the fade up to white on that seafoam is really smooth.

I get the desire to shy away from hard lines (and I think it was a great decision for this mini!), but I do feel like her eyes need a darker liner. Not necessarily the Walnut or Blackened browns I usually use for the purpose, but something to keep those whites from blending into the surrounding face. I'm sorry I didn't see it in the WiP, since it's a bit late to be anything other than an observation here.

I also think her hair deserves a mention! Even without darklining, you've framed her face very nicely, and the hair down her back is real purty. Lovely blonde color, that.

• Like 1

Small detail, but I really love what you did with the row of buckles across the top of her skirt. Like most people I assumed that it should be a row of leather straps, but the way you softened the overall look by keeping the buckle straps the same color as the rest of the skirt really changed her overall feel. Now she looks more like a refined lady and less like a rough & tumble adventurer.

And of course she's just beautifully done. But that's been said a few times. ^_^

• Like 1