This is the most glorious rant I have ever read...

Ellyria

Language warning for some of the most creative swearing I've seen in a while.

https://medium.com/comedy-corner/fd08c0babb57

I lost it at "Forks".

Anyway, this seems to be going viral right now.

With any luck, it will do for drive through mexican standards what the great cheese rant did to Subway.

http://www.lefthandedtoons.com/77/

• Like 5

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The best part was at the end, after the article, where there was a sponsored link to an article called "How to control your anger...." :lol:

To be honest, I mostly skimmed the article because my browser profanity filter wasn't working on that site for some reason, and hoo boy, it's pretty loaded with f-bombs. :blink:

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

• Like 2

I was laughing as soon as I started reading. I have had this happen to me far too many times.

I'm glad I make my own delicious burritos now and don't have to buy them from people who don't know what they're doing behind the counter.

Edit: I forgot to read the second link. I have never had this is issue. Are Subway employees just more competent in my area than in other places?

Edited by CaptainPete
  • Like 2

Sounds like Mr Burrito connoisseur had a bad day at Chipotle or Freebirds. (I avoid both of those places now for several reasons one of which is they can't possibly make mine 'just so'...)

But,

The dude that placed the order could have un-rolled it, rotated it 90 degrees, compacted the ingredients with a fork a little and then re-rolled it on a different axis. Seems like less trouble than an internet F-bomb rant (and he probably used that Chipotle's free WiFi to post the rant...) Sheeesh.

• Like 2

I just kinda skimmed it, but I think the recent strike has summed up my feelings for any american who complain about what they get in their fast food.

If you pay people less then is required to survive, you're lucky with whatever the hell you get in your mouth. I know personally my job satisfaction and care level, relates to my rate of pay. If you pay me crap, then I really wouldn't care to do a good job. I assume the same goes here.

Edited by Foxfire
  • Like 4

At the risk of sucking the fun out of this post:

This leaves me with more questions than answers, and makes me worry a little about the person who wrote it. Weren't you paying attention when the employee was making your burrito? Honestly. Weren't they asking you what you wanted? Maybe I'm naive, but you get what you pay for in my book. You ordered a take-out burrito. Maybe you're really angry at yourself.

I rarely eat take out Burritos but last time I did I was pretty sympathetic to the counterfolks and the endless line of customers and non-stop customized burrito orders they were processing. Not amusing to watch, less amusing to do.

I hope this is all in good fun and not the result of actual anger. I would feel uncomfortable encouraging public displays of rage towards fast-food employees anywhere. It is possible I am just missing the joke because I lack the proper context.

Also, if this happened to me, I would have taken it back and asked them nicely to make me a new one. It is always better to complain, reasonably, and get satisfaction, in my experience. No anger needed.

• Like 3

The author is a comedian. This was very much in good humor, and intended to be as funny as I found it the first time I read it. I'm sure he didn't actually say these things publicly to the poor employee. The idea is not "wow, this one guy is really terrible; I'm so mad, I'm going to go write an angry rant about it," it's "this annoying thing keeps happening; wouldn't it be funny to write a lengthy rant about it."

(And if the burrito was really unacceptable, you could take it back, but keep in mind that the already-underpaid employees often have to pay for that sort of thing out of their own paycheck. Most probably prefer internet rants directed at them anonymously.)

• Like 1

I figured I just lacked the context. I don't know who this guy is. I did think the idea of getting a burrito like that was funnier than his response to it. Like one time a friend of mine unwrapped a Cadbury Pep to discover that it already a big bite out of it, with clearly defined teeth-marks. Like someone in the Pep factory was a bit peckish. You have to laugh when that kind of thing happens.

• Like 1

I always ask for extra rice, extra meat, extra cheese and extra beans. There is little to no chance of them successfully being able to wrap it right the first time. They usually dump the contents out on a second tortilla and start over, thus mixed ingredients! BOOM, problem solved!

• Like 6