The good, the bad and the Fugly

Grimreaper71

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just an FYI, The Partha "Space Marines" were a licensed product for Steve Jackson Games called Space Knights. They were supposed to be for a miniatures game called Hot Lead that would have generic rules sort of like GURPS and then have setting books for it. The first book was to be Space Knights and their cyber-undead enemies. The game never materialized and SJGames won't comment on why not. So those failed Space Marines actually represent SJGames failure not Ral Partha's.

From my information, playtesting revealed very serious problems with the interaction between point values and game play. The result was that a certain type of army would win every game. They couldn't get that problem fixed in a way that Steve was happy with, so the game was cancelled.

Just an FYI, The Partha "Space Marines" were a licensed product for Steve Jackson Games called Space Knights. They were supposed to be for a miniatures game called Hot Lead that would have generic rules sort of like GURPS and then have setting books for it. The first book was to be Space Knights and their cyber-undead enemies. The game never materialized and SJGames won't comment on why not. So those failed Space Marines actually represent SJGames failure not Ral Partha's.

From my information, playtesting revealed very serious problems with the interaction between point values and game play. The result was that a certain type of army would win every game. They couldn't get that problem fixed in a way that Steve was happy with, so the game was cancelled.

Ty Doug. I was never a game player but that is very interesting stuff to know

As a non-recovering Parthaholic (I can't be cured until I admit I have a problem and I will never admit I have any Partha-related issues) I think these are all some great figures and it's really nice to see color on these figures.

I really like the headhunter figures from Jim Johnson, who I think is a great but highly underappreciated sculptor.

Edited by 72moonglum