The good, the bad and the Fugly

Grimreaper71

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

it also begs the question where is the rider? On a side note where domyou get the cool back grounds

Sorry I missed this somehow! The rider is on the prehistoric shelf of shame, he was base coated (priming, what's that?) but never finished.

My backgrounds are prints from the Internet, I have a couple dozen but only like a few of them. My biggest issue is that we use a solid ink printer, which leaves a waxy (read: reflective) finish, so there's often a band of reflection from the top light interfering with pics.

Also: two of those drow are the Death Dealer....I didn't realize he was an elf :rock:

Edited by CashWiley

My biggest issue is that we use a solid ink printer, which leaves a waxy (read: reflective) finish, so there's often a band of reflection from the top light interfering with pics.

If you light from off-axis to either side instead of from above or near the camera, you can move the specular reflection far enough that your camera won't see it.

• Like 1

Wow you had a whole lotta drow!

It was the Icewind Dale trilogy that inspired it, wasn't it? ^_^

Is it that noticeable? Yeah I started this right after reading the first Drizzit book.I started with backward and read the Drow series first which chronologically I was right.

it also begs the question where is the rider? On a side note where domyou get the cool back grounds

Sorry I missed this somehow! The rider is on the prehistoric shelf of shame, he was base coated (priming, what's that?) but never finished.

My backgrounds are prints from the Internet, I have a couple dozen but only like a few of them. My biggest issue is that we use a solid ink printer, which leaves a waxy (read: reflective) finish, so there's often a band of reflection from the top light interfering with pics.

Also: two of those drow are the Death Dealer....I didn't realize he was an elf :rock:

That is actually not the death death but Ral Partha's Mounted and unmounted set.

Upon further review if you look at Death Dealer on page one then this one here I believe old Ral Partha was pulling a fast one not to pay Mr. Franzetta

Old Partha again painted with Chessex paint.It was good stuff as long as you didn't plan to use it after a year.They had a metallic for every color

post-9193-0-75334100-1381770767.jpg

post-9193-0-82677500-1381770772_thumb.jpg

• Like 2