werkrobotwerk's bones (picture heavy)

Werkrobotwerk

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow the fire elemental is so cool what colors did you use ? ! Also dwarf women is very clean like it alot. The Well is nice and bright and would be really fun in a rpg . Great stuff!

I started by giving the elemental two coats of army painter antishine so I could use water washes over the translucent material

then I mixed up a glaze of liqitex soft body cadmium yellow deep hue and put it on the bottom third of the wings and body. then I mixed a little army painter white with liquitex soft body cadmium yellow medium and put thin layers on the bottom of the wings and legs, and a little on the eyes. then I brushed a very thin layer of army painter red on the top of the wings and body. then I painted the face some kind of vallejo dark grey, not sure which one because the label wore off.

• Like 1

Good work, but I'd recommend taking the pictures before you varnish. ^_^

yeaaah, the varnish doesn't look nearly as shiny in person, but I'm working with kind of a lousy camera that either needs a bright flash or a super long exposure.

definitely make pics with longer exposure time, not with flash. Painted minis (especially varnished) and flash hate each other... but I think you know it already ::):

btw, wouldn't you prefer matt varnish?

definitely make pics with longer exposure time, not with flash. Painted minis (especially varnished) and flash hate each other... but I think you know it already ::):

btw, wouldn't you prefer matt varnish?

I've been using Liquitex brush on Matte finish, but it still turns out, well like you see. I've been using it mostly because it makes the minis less prone to damage when they get used on the table, but if you know of a better one I'd give it a shot.