Sign in to follow this  
araziel

77043: Eye Beast

Here's my take on the eyebeast. Did most of it tonight so I could enter it over on caffeineforge.com, anything to help me paint more :P

The original plan was making it a whole lot more pink, think Krang. Buuuut.. It's Bones, it's quick, it's done. Happy with the coloration on the central eye though.

post-7765-0-30329400-1380484943_thumb.jpg

EDIT:

Does this board have a limit on image resolution or something, because it resized it :>

Testing:

post-7765-0-83563300-1380486127_thumb.jpg

Plus I tried my "light box" for the first time, so any critiques on that part of it is welcome.

It's just an unmodded slightly see-through fabric box from Ikea. With LED flashlights.

Edited by araziel
  • Like 20

Thanks for the comments, I think the light box thing worked out pretty well myself, and it's collapsible(is that even a word?). Space in geek HQ is limited :P

Here's the box I used: http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/40210534/#/00186395

I plan to try removing the sides on at least one of them to see if adding just a thin layer of fabric makes it even better. For now I'm pretty happy with how much better photos turn out though.

Oh, that looks really simple with the box, collabsible and all! I've been thinking about constructing some kind of light box, because my pictures always look pretty crappy, but swinging by IKEA might be the thing for me.

If you have time at some point, I'd love to see a photo of how you set it up with the lighting and nice internal grey-blue background etc (I'm not that knowledgeable in how these things should work). You said you used flashlights?

Oh, that looks really simple with the box, collabsible and all! I've been thinking about constructing some kind of light box, because my pictures always look pretty crappy, but swinging by IKEA might be the thing for me.

If you have time at some point, I'd love to see a photo of how you set it up with the lighting and nice internal grey-blue background etc (I'm not that knowledgeable in how these things should work). You said you used flashlights?

Sure, here's a picture of it.

post-7765-0-58344200-1380538860_thumb.jpg

As you can tell the flashlights don't penetrate that well, so cutting out the sides and affixing e.g some pieces of an old t-shirt would probably make it a bit brighter. Alternatively replacing the flashlights with decent lamps, but that's something that would take space and time I don't have :P

Still the fabric of the box does sort of work as a disperser/reflector, like a white t-shirt piece would, but not as well. The background is just one of the first hits that came up when I googled "gray gradient", or something like that.

• Like 1