ladystorm

Bones Kickstarter #2 Discussion

@Bane of Humanity - I find it ironic and highly amusing that you quoted me on that. :lol:

Husband has surprised and confused me today. He's mentioned a few times how much he likes the Bathalians. I pointed out to him that we'd need to spend $50 to get then, and that we'd also get a bunch of stuff we don't really have need for. He didn't really reply.

:huh:

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

• Like 2

Ive just been sitting here thinking about kaly....what if the same accident happens to Kahnjira.....

Wasn't Kaly a digital "green?" That would explain why it would be easier to enlarge her.

Kaladrax was partially traditional, partially digital. But all the minis must be digitally scanned before they can be made into mold regardless, which is how they shrunk Nethyrmaul (a physically sculpted mini) to compensate. They make a regular mold of the greens to produce metal masters, and then scan those, and a computer cuts the molds out of solid steel blocks to match the high-res digital file. Digital sculpts just skip the first two steps.

Well, except for all the Warlord figures that have been in Bones Kickstarters 1 and 2.... :devil:

Yeah, but those are all part of the Dark Heaven Bones line, not any sort of official Warlord Bones line. And there's been neither mention nor sale of any Warlord rules in either KS. So while there are plenty of Warlord-compatible models in this KS, filling out that line is not necessarily a priority or even a goal. It is possible (but by no means confirmed) that they will more systematically fill out those lines and release new rules in a future Warlord-only KS.

Edited by Slendertroll
merged sequential posts

Ah, okay. I couldn't find what post Grum had made that Bryan had responded to, so I didn't include it.

I know they have said at points in the past that if they were to do Warlord (I think that's what it was) in Bones, then they'd have to do a whole KS just for that. Or maybe it was CAV. It was some war-game type system that I'm not personally familiar with.

But don't quote me on that, as I'm not certain which system it was he said.

Huzzah!

The Reapresentatives are on record as saying that neither Warlord and CAV will be officially included in any larger Bones KS, because if they decide to Kickstart those lines, they will want to do smaller, more specific campaigns for them.

So, the short answer is both.

Really I missed that part about the warlord stuff then...Wonder if and when they will start....no sooner than a couple months though...Im gonna need to save alittle first...

I know I'm totally going to get lynched for saying this, but right now I'm not all that excited for the ruins. I already have 5 dragons from this KS, and even if this is a particularly nice dragon, I don't really see myself wanting the ruins themselves. They're probably going to be a large portion of the cost. Plus if it's TOO huge I might not be able to game with it, which is what I'm really in this thing for.

I hope Reaper surprises me, though.

I'm still expecting plenty of core Tricks to appear by the end.

Even though things are moving fast, we still have a lot of ground to cover, and little core bonuses will be quite welcomed.

• Like 2

Ah, okay. I couldn't find what post Grum had made that Bryan had responded to, so I didn't include it.

I know they have said at points in the past that if they were to do Warlord (I think that's what it was) in Bones, then they'd have to do a whole KS just for that. Or maybe it was CAV. It was some war-game type system that I'm not personally familiar with.

But don't quote me on that, as I'm not certain which system it was he said.

Huzzah!

The Reapresentatives are on record as saying that neither Warlord and CAV will be officially included in any larger Bones KS, because if they decide to Kickstart those lines, they will want to do smaller, more specific campaigns for them.

So, the short answer is both.

Really I missed that part about the warlord stuff then...Wonder if and when they will start....no sooner than a couple months though...Im gonna need to save alittle first...

That's a very big if. Remember, they never even said they were planning on it, just that they didn't think it would be worthwhile to add to this campaign. Also, they have said they don't want to Kickstart already-existing product so as to avoid shortchanging their retailers, so rules would be out unless they did another edition.

I know I'm totally going to get lynched for saying this, but right now I'm not all that excited for the ruins. I already have 5 dragons from this KS, and even if this is a particularly nice dragon, I don't really see myself wanting the ruins themselves. They're probably going to be a large portion of the cost. Plus if it's TOO huge I might not be able to game with it, which is what I'm really in this thing for.

Yeah, me too. It's okay though, Khanjira is all the end-game excitement I could ask for. ^_^

I'm incredibly excited for us to unlock Proxyzilla, and I REALLY hope that everyone down at Reaper gets a nice, long, responsibility-less vacation before bones 3 starts. They really deserve it. <:<

Edited by The Basilisk
  • Like 2

Bryan is being awfully coy about the possibility of more paints, which is making me hopeful. I'm not in for any paints right now, but if they announced some new MSPs (as opposed to HD), I don't think I could turn them down.

Also, there's apparently a Moses associated with this KS, but he won't tell us who or what it is.

Edited by Slendertroll
  • Like 1

Pure speculation ====> I wouldn't hold my breath on Bones 3. I can't imagine this is a high profit venture for Reaper. Their profits are to be made after this, once the molds and equipment are available to make figs in house. Between these two kickstarters they have a pretty impressive line of figs to work from. Not saying Bones 3 won't happen, but I don't expect it to be an annual thing. I do think they were very wise to work on developing a solid line of inexpensive miniatures. Once the capital is there to have a decent line of figs, they won't need kickstarter to kick things off every time.

Clearly the solution here is to divorce him and then marry me. I'll let you pledge as much as you want, I'll paint you mouslings, and we can have weird purple-colored half-cat/half-goblin kids.

And she'd have to move to Canada... totally not worth it.

• Like 1

The Kicktraq results are in, we pledged $210,931 in the past 24h. Pretty darn close to day 2 of the campaign ($224,827).