Bones Kickstarter #2 Discussion

ladystorm

Okay, the expected update to the core expansion has pretty much locked me into picking one up (the Silver dragon is the #1 reason). Overall, I like everything found inside this awesome new concept to the addon concept. My least favorite concept included would be the mushroom men, but I can deal with it. I'll use them eventually or trade them to someone who will want them.

I'm loving the core expansions, Reaper! I hope the second (if there is one) is as diverse as the first!

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sandra Garrity's apparently unnamed Female Halfling Thief needs to make an appearance

http://www.reapermini.com/OnlineStore/female halfling/sku-down/02676#detail/IG_2770_1

EDIT: Looking at Talin's concept art she's an updated Elia Shadowfeet

http://www.reapermini.com/OnlineStore/shadowfeet/sku-down/02058

Extensive perms were obviously on the way out by 2003

Awesome, thanks for the links, Nocturne! I'd seen the original Elia, but not Sandra's version, which tbh I like better (no offense to the original artist!). :D

Sandra Garrity was the original artist. There's a bunch of figures like that, who get makeovers later by the original sculptor.

• Like 2

I'm loving the core expansions, Reaper! I hope the second (if there is one) is as diverse as the first!

I think Reaper has stated that the next expansion will be a bit more cohesive in theme. There were lots of complaints that the CE1 was so diverse. I personally don't care one way or the other. I just hope we see many many more reveals. I am sure we will.

so... goroloth... um... darn wish it was something else (like siege equipment or ruins...) not a fan of aquatic stuff. Will have to see if we can trade things :D

The rest of EP#1 and ... I'm not a fan of the goroloth (or acquatic monsters in general), but the rest of it is making me drool. I mean, mushroom men, come on!! Awesome!

Where's the 'Unlike This' button?

Anyway, my idea for the Goroloths is to stick wings on them and tackle some airborne adventurers.

Looks like Tiamat and Cadirith are both a no-go for the KS, but Reaper does plan to add them to Bones eventually.

Also, when someone asked about umber hulk, bandits and tarasque, Reaper replied that "at least one of those three is on the list."

Regarding the stability of Verocithrax, Reaper replied "we will be working closely with our factory to make sure that the base is large enough and he is stable."

Those mushroom dudes look like they'll be a lot of fun to paint. Not likely to see much gameplay for me, but still fun. :) Same thing with Goroloth, he's pretty sweet.

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

so... goroloth... um... darn wish it was something else (like siege equipment or ruins...) not a fan of aquatic stuff. Will have to see if we can trade things :D

Expansion #1 is a very mixed set, with stuff for many tastes. There are some things in it that I absolutely must have, and a few others that I would happily trade away.

I feel a little guilty about not being excited over the Goroloth, because I would go nuts for the large Bathalians, and they seem like they would go together. I guess a Bathalian fish just isn't my style.

... Anyway, my idea for the Goroloths is to stick wings on them and tackle some airborne adventurers.

My first thought on the Goroloth was meh ... but now I'm thinking about having them hover about in astral space and that would be cool, so I think I'll be keeping mine after all. I never meant I didn't think it was cool, just not awesome like the others.

ed for clarity.

Edited by falstius
  • Like 1

It will be interesting if this last Expansion update gets many to commit to the bigger $50 pledge, or if they had already pledged in for the larger amount, or doesn't inspire.

The Expansion is now 39 miniatures for $50, (so ~$1.30 per mini) many of which are large models, and includes things like the Silver Dragon (which could probably stand as a $10 addon by itself). If you want a grab bag, it's an undeniable good deal.

Edit: removed weird double-post

Edited by unidentifiable
  • Like 1