Bones Kickstarter #2 Discussion

ladystorm

Hmmm... with the last reveal, the stirrings of a Forgotten Realms setting where Land Sharks fall from the sky on unsuspecting adventurers from land motes may have to happen.... :ph34r::devil:

come on folks.... RPG FANTASY games are about using your imagination..... Just ask Buglips

I like to roleplay as an office worker doing data entry.

"I want to cross reference line 3, paragraph B with the information from the retained differential sum of the 1st quarter losses with 3rd quarter gains and create a mappable trend extrapolating for 2% growth in critical vectors for the next six months."

DM: "Make a spreadsheet check at -2."

Papers & Paychecks anyone?

(Google Images)

Also, for anybody who plays MMOs, especially anyone who remembers Asheron's Call, there's: AC in Real Life. A true classic.

Edited by klarg1
  • Like 2

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Some interesting info here regarding the Calculator.

Creator Reaper Miniatures 1 minute ago

@David Scharf - it is not permanently locked until until some time after the KS ends. you can make as many changes as you like to your selections now, it does not forcibly make any changes to the actual KS pledge.

The Pledge button does take you back to the Project page here at Kickstarter.com to adjust your pledge, but you do not have to complete that change.

Creator Reaper Miniatures less than a minute ago

@David - yes and no. We're not real-time tracking the data, but when you hit recalculate, we are saving what you have selected, as a way of gauging interest. We do not see what you specifically have put in, we see that X backers selected Option A.

So far we have looked at that data once, this morning, to se what activity was like overnight. We will probably check it 2-3 times a day, and look for massive shifts.

I'm now very tempted to go in and ask for 10 Chronoscope options and hit recalculate.

oh... I should stop toying with it (and by toying, I mean messing with the JavaScript and source code to see if I can break it - its a hobby...)

• Like 3

Also not interested in this update. Trying to decide if I want to buy selections I want from the core for $80, or just pay $100 and get the additional minis I don't want (Sea creatures, savage worlds, Chornoscape, etc).

How easy are these sets to trade?

Pretty easy; I made more than a half dozen trades in the last KS.

~v

Online? Or local? Not really much local interest in this stuff around me... it'd have to be online.

If someone wants to buy an extra set of hillgiants ($10), I'll trade you my Chronoscape, underwater things, and savage worlds ($30 value)... assuming I still stick with core.

Almost all were online/mailed exchanges.

~v

• Like 1

I also made 2 successful trades with people from this forum who live in other states. It was quick and painless, if the mods allow us to do more trades with this new KS (Please!) then I will also be trading some of my minis out for others again.

I was thinking along the same lines, but I was wondering if there would be consideration that Canadian Bones would be made in the USA to avoid duty. We Canucks would surely be a small number of orders. It would add an extra bit of headache on Reaper's part, but would free up $12 for an extra AddOn :)

I guess if you don't mind waiting until all of the other Bones II are made, and they ship the minis and moulds over to the States, then wait for the Reaper team to manufacturer a bunch of Bones in shop...

o.O

• Like 1

oh... I should stop toying with it (and by toying, I mean messing with the JavaScript and source code to see if I can break it - its a hobby...)

Agreed. I shall henceforth refrain from reverse engineering the figure weights… :ph34r:

I was doing quantities (old habits...)

Nifty new reveal. I doubt I'll have much need for any of them, but odd situations do come up from time to time that might require a mermaid or sea hag. Regardless, for me it's a cool addition because WERESHARK. I'll be sorely tempted to just randomly pull him out and have him sitting on the table whenever the players are anywhere near water. Because I can. :B):

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

Edited by OneBoot
  • Like 6

I was thinking along the same lines, but I was wondering if there would be consideration that Canadian Bones would be made in the USA to avoid duty. We Canucks would surely be a small number of orders. It would add an extra bit of headache on Reaper's part, but would free up $12 for an extra AddOn :)

I guess if you don't mind waiting until all of the other Bones II are made, and they ship the minis and moulds over to the States, then wait for the Reaper team to manufacturer a bunch of Bones in shop...

o.O

I am a patient man, but I don't need to save $10 that badly. $80 for shipping/fees is a bit silly on a $200 purchase though. I was playing with the numbers, and if I order 4 core sets, then the shipping price per core set actually drops to a reasonable number.

@LastKnight: According to Kicktraq, today made $43.5k already and it's noon local. That's $3500/hr and since we need 110k to the next unlock, I get ~33hrs, which puts it really late on Saturday.

• Like 1