Bones Kickstarter #2 Discussion

ladystorm

Nifty new reveal. I doubt I'll have much need for any of them, but odd situations do come up from time to time that might require a mermaid or sea hag. Regardless, for me it's a cool addition because WERESHARK. I'll be sorely tempted to just randomly pull him out and have him sitting on the table whenever the players are anywhere near water. Because I can. :B):

The wereshark will also add some variety to the "Werewolf? There wolf." joke and provide fodder for "candygram", in case Holy Grail references are getting too repetitive.

Edited by KevinR
  • Like 1

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think we're going to keep the same pace though. I mean I'd be happy if we did, but a reveal + the pledge manager caused a lot of ups and new backers. It'll probably slow down quite a bit through the weekend (as it usually does).

Nifty new reveal. I doubt I'll have much need for any of them, but odd situations do come up from time to time that might require a mermaid or sea hag. Regardless, for me it's a cool addition because WERESHARK. I'll be sorely tempted to just randomly pull him out and have him sitting on the table whenever the players are anywhere near water. Because I can. :B):

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

Never underestimate the power of player fear. I carry a huge spider mini with me to all my games and whenever they get too cocky, I sit it against the DM screen as a reminder of past pain barely survived.

Seriously, they barely survived. It reduced an entire party from full to negative hit points, knocked the tank into the ground unconscious TWICE (whereupon it actually high-fived itself in celebration -- Don't judge! It was spur of the moment), and was in the middle of dragging one of the PCs off to wrap up for dinner when the cleric got a miracle crit and dropped it with his bow. Only the cleric was left standing; the rest of the party was either down and out or hoping the spider didn't see they'd woken up. :devil:

• Like 10

I like that. I like that a great deal. I should do that with my tiny mimic and a gargoyle. Though one player beat down a gargoyle by himself at level one. Barely survived, but he beat it by himself. He is still proud of himself for that.

On topic now. My mom is starting to talk about upping her pledge and we already surpassed what we pledged last time. Though I may have to ask her why we need 2 Cinders. I would rather purchase an extra in store and place the money on another option, but hey she is paying for it.

I just get to swipe them all to paint.

• Like 3

Hmmm... with the last reveal, the stirrings of a Forgotten Realms setting where Land Sharks fall from the sky on unsuspecting adventurers from land motes may have to happen.... :ph34r::devil:

come on folks.... RPG FANTASY games are about using your imagination..... Just ask Buglips

I like to roleplay as an office worker doing data entry.

"I want to cross reference line 3, paragraph B with the information from the retained differential sum of the 1st quarter losses with 3rd quarter gains and create a mappable trend extrapolating for 2% growth in critical vectors for the next six months."

DM: "Make a spreadsheet check at -2."

Most. Boring. Game. EVAR.

The wereshark will also add some variety to the "Werewolf? There wolf." joke and provide fodder for "candygram", in case Holy Grail references are getting too repetitive.

That's even more obscure and shows even more how old we're getting. That reference is as old as Holy Grail, and it wasn't for SNL specials and old reruns, it would be lost to memory.

Now I *have* to use it in one of my games!

Edited by Cranky Dog

More KS comment stuffs:

~~~~~~~~~~

Reaper Miniatures about 2 hours ago

@SonicMike - your entire reward will ship all in one shipment

~~~~~~~~~~

Reaper Miniatures about 2 hours ago

@Andrew - after this project the plan will be to make the case available at retail.

~~~~~~~~~~

Dan Goodchild about 4 hours ago

@Reaper: Now that you have more experience with this plastic, what kind of models do you find works best and what doesn't work so well?

Reaper Miniatures about 4 hours ago

@Dan - we have certainly had better results with figures D&D size large or larger. Most Medium and Small models work ok, but swords and sometimes spears can present problems if not strengthened (thickened). Some gamers respond to the thickening, which very heavily puts the weapon out of scale, poorly, so we try not to thicken it enough to be cartoony or "anime-esque"

~~~~~~~~~~

There was also an amusing discussion regarding gazebos and invisible grandmothers, which naturally turned into a discussion about invisible gazebos.

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

• Like 5

Hmmm... with the last reveal, the stirrings of a Forgotten Realms setting where Land Sharks fall from the sky on unsuspecting adventurers from land motes may have to happen.... :ph34r::devil:

come on folks.... RPG FANTASY games are about using your imagination..... Just ask Buglips

I like to roleplay as an office worker doing data entry.

"I want to cross reference line 3, paragraph B with the information from the retained differential sum of the 1st quarter losses with 3rd quarter gains and create a mappable trend extrapolating for 2% growth in critical vectors for the next six months."

DM: "Make a spreadsheet check at -2."

Most. Boring. Game. EVAR.

The 4E Paragon Path has wicked Daylies for boardroom meetings and watercooler gossip.

@LastKnight: According to Kicktraq, today made $43.5k already and it's noon local. That's $3500/hr and since we need 110k to the next unlock, I get ~33hrs, which puts it really late on Saturday.

I was guesstimating 3k an hour for 39 hours, and then compensated for the inevitable weekend slowdow. :devil:

Edited by Last Knight

Okay, so this latest stretchgoal is a hag, a wereshark, some nice mermaids, and an evil mermaid.

I don't know that I'll get much use out of these. There are no stats for mermaids or weresharks that I know of in D&D 4e, so if I want to use these in combat, I have to make up my own monsters.

Fingers crossed that the next stretchgoal is more relevant to me.