Bones Kickstarter #2 Discussion

ladystorm

Interesting tidbit from Reaper:

The Kraken was to have been the next goal after C'thulhu, but C'thulhu was met only seconds before the KS server crashed and we could not actually get its image to load. The goal that is currently on slate to be the next reveal (the next currently visible non-glowing Blue map square) was on the slate but we had to push it far enough our that it got replaced.
Fun Fact: We saved Kaladrax, C'Thulhu and the Kraken for the last day, expecting to finish only one, but hoping to get all 3. Kaladrax was revealed at noon- whether or not the goal before it was successful, with a very complex math behind it's goal.

• Like 4

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

One Point I really like about this KS, is how Reaper used the Early Birds.

And I want something like that:

In a way, chinese/asian dragons are pretty close to Verocithrax.

Just with shorter legs and less wings.

Also more hair.

I would love to see a good Asian dragon sculpt, but most of the ones (that I know about) that are currently available don't really do it for me. Who knows, maybe there is a Reaper sculptor busily working away at a new one right now.

• Like 1

(...)

P.S. The complaints about cost and shipping have provoked me to do something I never did before here, which is use the ignore function. (...)

I just had a Déjà vu from the first Kickstarter! There were this guy who keep complaining about something (that was so unimportant that I can´t remember) and someone said the same as you and I learned that I can ignore the annoying guys.

My life is so much happier now!

I wish I could do the same in the Kickstarter comment section.

(...)

P.S. The complaints about cost and shipping have provoked me to do something I never did before here, which is use the ignore function. (...)

I just had a Déjà vu from the first Kickstarter! There were this guy who keep complaining about something (that was so unimportant that I can´t remember) and someone said the same as you and I learned that I can ignore the annoying guys.

My life is so much happier now!

I wish I could do the same in the Kickstarter comment section.

Is this a feature of KS? Does it not show their posts? How do you do that? Pretty much anyone whining about shipping or that Reaper made a profit on KS1 is on my ignore list - would love for it to be "automatic" so I don't even have to read their comments.

briggart; if that's not what you intended then I am magically never-was-annoyed ;)

But people have said similar with a straight face, and it makes me SO ANGRY. It really shouldn't but it does. (Actually there are very good reasons why it should, but I won't go into them here).

Definitely not what I intended. But I've should have realized that given previous history, KS comments was not a good place to post it. Anyway, glad we are clear :-)

If we made $60,000 profit from the first Kickstarter, I want a raise...

I was thinking the company should have profited a lot more than that. Sorry it wasn't better for the company. Off of $4m and a one year effort, I was thinking the normal $200,000 to $400,000 (5 to 10%) would have been there. Everyone should have been able to get a raise, you all busted butt and you especially worked tirelessly "around the clock" it seemed to update and post things. I want Reaper to around for a long time, I hope they'll do better this time around.

• Like 8

I would hope they made more profit off $3million in sales than $60k.

It would probably be better in the long run to use every cent to build new moulds so that you can capture the 'long tail' and make money off of people paying retail for models that came out of (effectively free) new plastic moulds.

Moulds are expensive, so you KS to get them for free, and anything you sell afterward becomes pure profit minus material costs. Compare to the "traditional" method of "ok let's spend $50k on this mould and hope we can sell enough at retail to cover the cost".

• Like 1

I would hope they made more profit off $3million in sales than $60k.

If they cleared $3 million in revenue of their regular sales, I would sure hope so (and that Bryan got his raise for the associated manufacturing binge).

Kickstarter is a bit different. Since it is a fundraising campaign with discounted prices, they are, presumably, getting drastically reduced margins and ploughing nearly all of the funds raised into developing the product or 'capital investments', such as their shiny new injection mold machine.

I would guess that Reaper's planned margin on Kickstarter funds (after paying for labor, molds, production, etc.) is as close to zero as they can get, without risking a catastrophic loss on the project if something goes unexpectedly wrong.

Edited by klarg1
  • Like 2