Bones Kickstarter #2 Discussion

ladystorm

Anyone know if they will be adding more to the Core Expansion #1 than what is currently shown? There is a lot but the Mountain Troll, Tortoise, Ice Troll and Barrow Warrens, and maybe the zombies are the only things I can see myself using. Unless they are going to add more to the expansion, I'd get more use out of picking $50 worth of specific stuff out of the orange sections.

I guess probably not.

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I really like the bases on the Hearoes and Villains, but can't stand the giant weapons. I'll probaby end up grabbing a couple of them after I see them in person, though.*

*I reserve the right to change my mind and grab everything at the last minute.**

**See also, Colossal Skeleton from the first Reaper Kickstarter.

this is the main reason Im not gettin them. There weapons are way too disproportionate. the only one I wouldnt mind getting is the chick with the tower shield.

I really like the bases on the Hearoes and Villains, but can't stand the giant weapons.

I plan on getting them, though the aesthetic does seem a bit different than Reaper's usual. I'm curious if it's a new/different sculptor, or if someone just wanted to try "something different".

I'm going to paint the castle-armor guy up as a Golem Transformer; I think a Fortress Maximus scheme would be appropriate! :lol:

• Like 3

I really like the bases on the Hearoes and Villains, but can't stand the giant weapons.

I plan on getting them, though the aesthetic does seem a bit different than Reaper's usual. I'm curious if it's a new/different sculptor, or if someone just wanted to try "something different".

I'm going to paint the castle-armor guy up as a Golem Transformer; I think a Fortress Maximus scheme would be appropriate! :lol:

Those are all by Bobby Jackson, who was told to do something he thought would be fun. That's what he turned in.

Those are all by Bobby Jackson, who was told to do something he thought would be fun. That's what he turned in.

I really like the dude with the cowl and huge mace, then the lady with axe and shied, then the double axe male, then the guy with massive armor and sword, then the helenic lady with huge sword and castle dude. The only weapon I really think could benefit from being smaller is the helenic lady.

The castle-guy (so cool!) and the lady with the sword as tall as she is are actually my favorite from that add-on, and what convinced me to add that to my pledge. :) Just goes to show everybody likes different things, which is cool. :D

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

• Like 2

Interesting tidbit from Reaper:

The Kraken was to have been the next goal after C'thulhu, but C'thulhu was met only seconds before the KS server crashed and we could not actually get its image to load. The goal that is currently on slate to be the next reveal (the next currently visible non-glowing Blue map square) was on the slate but we had to push it far enough our that it got replaced.

Fun Fact: We saved Kaladrax, C'Thulhu and the Kraken for the last day, expecting to finish only one, but hoping to get all 3. Kaladrax was revealed at noon- whether or not the goal before it was successful, with a very complex math behind it's goal.

This makes me hopeful that the next reveal will be cavalry, because in an interview that ReaperBryan did right after the first Kickstarter, (if I recall correctly) he said that cavalry had been planned, but they kept getting shuffled around until it got close to the end, and they realized that big impressive sculpts would be a better way to finish off than a bunch of cavalry.

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

EDIT: Whoops, sorry for the double-post! This is what happens when I'm replying to two different things on two different tabs.

Edited by OneBoot
  • Like 1

Great...now you guys got me wanting to sculpt a really loopy Asiatic dragon, just to see if I can...

That has made my sculpture finger itch as well...

But you will more than likely beat me too it. An object at rest tends to stay at rest... and it's been soooooo long since I have done any sculpture.

• Like 2

Given how they handled Kally's tail, I would think an asian dragon with the looping tail wouldn't be as difficult..

I'm willing to stand corrected on this, but I strongly suspect Kaladrax was a digital sculpt. Not that this in any way impugns on his mighty and awesome glory, just that he seems a bit... different. I may well be completely wrong, but when working on him I found he had unusual cues I don't usually find on other sculpts. If that makes any sense.

This could, however, be a product of his accidental expansion. But I'd be might curious to know if he is a digi sculpt and if I guessed correctly. Mind you, equally curious to be wrong.

• Like 1

I'm getting four sets and then 10x of the guy on the rock with two axes - gonna make it a chess set, just wish their was a more "knight" looking character than the female fighter. Gonna send those out to be painted by someone with way better talent than myself - should be way cool.

(fixed to correct my math problem/piece problem issues)

Edited by kaosweaver
  • Like 5