Bones Kickstarter #2 Discussion

ladystorm

Finally caught up again. We'll see how long it lasts as I have game tonight and people start arriving in about an hour. Anyways onto the discussion.

I am glad I woke up to the bases being unlocked. Now I am eager for the Core Expansion to finish off so we can see the next stretch goal. The next purple is interesting. Underwater creatures are not likely to get used in our games, but they do make for interesting pieces. Besides I do sometimes purchase and paint minis just to display them.

• Like 1

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome work with Bones II, Reaper and fans alike!

I just wanted to add my voice to the chorus of those are calling for:

1. Tarrasque (I would've still pledged $50 in this KS if it had been solely to fund production of this mini and this mini alone)

2. Tarrasque

3. Tarrasque

4. Frost giant warriors

5. Cavalry

6. Warlord PDFs (and this is coming from someone who has purchased copies of all of the Warlord rulebooks available: 1st Edition, 1st Edition revision, 2nd Edition, Savage North, and all faction books from 1st Edition).

7. See #s 1, 2, and 3

Edited to fix #s.

Edited by Arbiter10
  • Like 2

I'm surprised no one has floated thoughts of a lycanthrope for the before/after minis...that was my first thought.

Aren't those animal and people minis? We got those covered already.

Now the "middle form" transformation minis, those are lacking. Though it's not a big stretch to say that beast men, minotaurs and gnolls are weregoats/bull/hyenas. Greek mythology already spoiled us for many half-animal non-lycanthropic creatures.

Strange that my first thought with the wereshark was automatically "wereshark!" and not "shark man".

I really like the bases on the Hearoes and Villains, but can't stand the giant weapons.

I plan on getting them, though the aesthetic does seem a bit different than Reaper's usual. I'm curious if it's a new/different sculptor, or if someone just wanted to try "something different".

I'm going to paint the castle-armor guy up as a Golem Transformer; I think a Fortress Maximus scheme would be appropriate! :lol:

Those are all by Bobby Jackson, who was told to do something he thought would be fun. That's what he turned in.

Can I just add my 2c here and say that I loved the sculpts immediately. Each one is awesome, and toss everyone that says the weapons are too big. Video Game aesthetic applies perfectly to miniatures.

The Rook and Centurion (or broom-for-a-helm) in particular are awesome. If you're able, pass my props on to Mr Jackson, those are going to be a blast to paint.

Edit - Also, I could definitely see a chess set inspired by the Rook...although I'd go mad painting 16 pawns. If he gets the chance, I would love to see a "Knight", a "Bishop", a "King", and a "Queen" inspired by the same style. They would fit themselves perfectly as a Fey Court or something in a PF game, or a wizard's chess set come to life.

Edited by unidentifiable
  • Like 7

I just convinced myself of two stretch goal levels I want to see in honor of KS1:

$1,714,617.5 to celebrate 50% of the original KS1 final amount backed ($3,429,235)

$1,774,400 to represent 100x the number of original backers (17744)

I'll call them "Trick level" reveals. :poke:

• Like 1

Dadcubed.... That picture you have on the kickstarter.... I knew there were brush lickers... but... that is some serious devotion to the brushes. If it wasn't for the smile, I'd think someone made you angry...

In a previous life I had several piercings. One was the septum of my nose which I stretched to about 4mm. Cartilage doesn't seal back up so I can get a brush through it.

Too much information?

;)

• Like 6

Dadcubed.... That picture you have on the kickstarter.... I knew there were brush lickers... but... that is some serious devotion to the brushes. If it wasn't for the smile, I'd think someone made you angry...

In a previous life I had several piercings. One was the septum of my nose which I stretched to about 4mm. Cartilage doesn't seal back up so I can get a brush through it.

Too much information?

;)

Stop giving the goblin ideas!

• Like 2

I'm surprised no one has floated thoughts of a lycanthrope for the before/after minis...that was my first thought.

Aren't those animal and people minis? We got those covered already.

Now the "middle form" transformation minis, those are lacking. Though it's not a big stretch to say that beast men, minotaurs and gnolls are weregoats/bull/hyenas. Greek mythology already spoiled us for many half-animal non-lycanthropic creatures.

Strange that my first thought with the wereshark was automatically "wereshark!" and not "shark man".

More female shifters, please, or beastmen hominids, if you please. Edited by Pingo
  • Like 2

If I had ever gotten a mini from you it would likely be painted by now. Thus too late to wonder and besides any issues would have been sealed by the paint. Right?

You'd certainly hope so....

And, don't know if it's been mentioned or not, but re: the before and after figures--how about a living and a zombie version of someone?

Now everybody who's gotten a mini from me is looking over at it with growing skepticism about where it has been.

Serves them right for accepting presents from a goblin. Sounds even worse than accepting wooden horses. :-)

Now everybody who's gotten a mini from me is looking over at it with growing skepticism about where it has been.

Serves them right for accepting presents from a goblin. Sounds even worse than accepting wooden horses. :-)

"Now? Well, now we wait for nightfall, then jump out of the rabbit..."

"..."

"Suppose we had a large wooden badger"

• Like 6