Bones Kickstarter #2 Discussion

ladystorm

I was about to chime into the discussion of the "Heroes and Villains" with some comment about how you could always do a quick weapon (or shield) swap, if you wanted a less exaggerated look, but then I suddenly had to run off and play with the Pledge Manager for some reason and lost my train of thought...

Edited by klarg1
  • Like 2

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Now everybody who's gotten a mini from me is looking over at it with growing skepticism about where it has been.

Serves them right for accepting presents from a goblin. Sounds even worse than accepting wooden horses. :-)

Timeo Goblino et dona ferentis?

• Like 5

Shakandara - This is awesome! I added marks to the bones page in my signature for a visual guide. I couldn't figure out which one the Ice Warrior was though...

It is the "ice" golem in the elementals group (you'll find it listed as a crystal golem in the Reaper store).

Great...now you guys got me wanting to sculpt a really loopy Asiatic dragon, just to see if I can...

There might be a certain dragon that shall not be named in it for you if you do...

~v

Edited by Shakandara
  • Like 2

I was about to chime into the discussion of the "Heroes and Villains" with some commend about how you could always do a quick weapon (or shield) swap, if you wanted a less exaggerated look, but then I suddenly had to run off and play with the Pledge Manager for some reason and lost my train of thought...

Well thats true you could but some of us...and by that I mean me...dont do conversions well despite practice. Now bigger stuff I dont have as much trouble with such as dragons and the like but swapping out weapons on medium creatures has always been a specific problem for me. this also includes putting together minis that have the weapons attached at the hand instead of the entire arm....

A good example of this hand problem is this guy

http://www.reapermini.com/OnlineStore/Elves/sku-down/14066

Who I swear to god has broken on me 5 times and each time Ive had to scrape it clean and start over. This latest time I use superglue in conjunction with GS. If I could use JB Wields on the damn thing I would.

EDIT: I would like it noted that 3 of those times he was found broken in the case I put him in.

EDIT2: Reaper if you made the above guy in bones (all solid 1 peice) I would be greatful.

Edited by Bane Of Humanity

Now everybody who's gotten a mini from me is looking over at it with growing skepticism about where it has been.

Serves them right for accepting presents from a goblin. Sounds even worse than accepting wooden horses. :-)

Shouldn't that be "Goblinem"?

It is in the accusative, after all.

• Like 2

Shakandara - This is awesome! I added marks to the bones page in my signature for a visual guide. I couldn't figure out which one the Ice Warrior was though...

It is the "ice" golem in the elementals group (you'll find it listed as a crystal golem in the Reaper store).

Awesome. All fixed.

Edit to reply to post below: No worries, not sure I would have gotten to it earlier! I'll keep adding them as long as you keep the list up!

Edited by onyxGuenhwyvar

I was about to chime into the discussion of the "Heroes and Villains" with some comment about how you could always do a quick weapon (or shield) swap, if you wanted a less exaggerated look, but then I suddenly had to run off and play with the Pledge Manager for some reason and lost my train of thought...

Buglips can derail a thread in seconds flat, but it takes a real master to derail him/herself.

• Like 3

Shouldn't that be "Goblinem"?

It is in the accusative, after all.

Probably. I tried matching the original Vergil, wich (I think) uses an odd greek-derrived declention for "danao".

Fun fact: I started off with none of the "Heroes and Villains" in my pledge, but I am now seriously considering two. ::):

• Like 1

I just want to take a moment to say, whoever put together the graphics for the KS Mr. bones Strolls Through CandyLand board game is awesome at doing things.

I just noticed that what I thought was weird artifacting because I'm using a phone to view the KS homepage is actually the crease in the folding game board. And that makes me really happy. I was already really happy because it's a boardgame, but now I'm even happier.

• Like 8

I was about to chime into the discussion of the "Heroes and Villains" with some commend about how you could always do a quick weapon (or shield) swap, if you wanted a less exaggerated look, but then I suddenly had to run off and play with the Pledge Manager for some reason and lost my train of thought...

Well thats true you could but some of us...and by that I mean me...dont do conversions well despite practice. Now bigger stuff I dont have as much trouble with such as dragons and the like but swapping out weapons on medium creatures has always been a specific problem for me. this also includes putting together minis that have the weapons attached at the hand instead of the entire arm....

A good example of this hand problem is this guy

http://www.reapermini.com/OnlineStore/Elves/sku-down/14066

Who I swear to god has broken on me 5 times and each time Ive had to scrape it clean and start over. This latest time I use superglue in conjunction with GS. If I could use JB Wields on the damn thing I would.

EDIT: I would like it noted that 3 of those times he was found broken in the case I put him in.

EDIT2: Reaper if you made the above guy in bones (all solid 1 peice) I would be greatful.

Actually no reason you can't use JB Weld on that. Epoxy is often a better choice than super glue.

• Like 1