Bones Kickstarter #2 Discussion

ladystorm

Being Canadian, I understand people's concerns with regards to unknown shipping. However, I trust Reaper will treat us fairly and I hope there is a shipping announcement later on that will clear things up. Reaper is one of the few companies out there that treats Canada and the ROTW fair in their shipping costs. I can't see them giving free shipping to the US without at least partially subsidizing a similar amount to the rest of us.

Have Faith. Buy Bones!

Yeah, give them a few days to sort out where this project is likely headed, and I'm sure they will let us know some reasonable estimates. I'm especially interested in whether or not they can bypass import duties into Canada again. I certainly hope so.

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Out of curiosity.. what's the appeal of Heros & Villains with detachable bases? I guess I don't understand how you use the detachable base in anything other than a display scenario.

What happens when the number of pledges reaches 6500? Is it suddenly finished?

buckyball

Seriously, only 6500 pledge slots?

nope they've already opened a wave 4 so another 2 grand slots just opened looks like they are just doing it in 2k chunks for themselves for ease sake

• Like 1

I might regret this, but I'm going to wait a while before I pledge. I paint very slowly, so It is already looking like a long stretch before I make any significant dent in the figures I already have from the previous kickstarter. If my shipment is later, then that's fine by me, I already have plenty of things to paint.

Once the kickstarter has been going for a while, I'll have a chance to sit down and carefully consider if another huge set of figures is really something i want to buy into. And also I'll be able to better decide how many add-ons I might want.

I figure this careful, measured approach probably makes me seem pretty weird here in ground Zero for Reaper Kickstarter excitement (and exciting it definitely is) but it's worth remembering that waiting, considering, and maybe even not buying in is also an option.

• Like 1

I might regret this, but I'm going to wait a while before I pledge. I paint very slowly, so It is already looking like a long stretch before I make any significant dent in the figures I already have from the previous kickstarter. If my shipment is later, then that's fine by me, I already have plenty of things to paint.

Once the kickstarter has been going for a while, I'll have a chance to sit down and carefully consider if another huge set of figures is really something i want to buy into. And also I'll be able to better decide how many add-ons I might want.

I figure this careful, measured approach probably makes me seem pretty weird here in ground Zero for Reaper Kickstarter excitement (and exciting it definitely is) but it's worth remembering that waiting, considering, and maybe even not buying in is also an option.

I think I'm going to do the same thing. Originally I wasn't going to pledge again, but I might be able to talk my wife into allowing me to toss some $ at this one. I'll need a week or two to work on her I think and by that time the bones per dollar ratio will be much more in my favor to talk her into it I think :unsure:

I think I'm going to do the same thing. Originally I wasn't going to pledge again, but I might be able to talk my wife into allowing me to toss some $ at this one. I'll need a week or two to work on her I think and by that time the bones per dollar ratio will be much more in my favor to talk her into it I think :unsure:

Given KS doesn't charge until the KS campaign completes, and it allows you to pull your pledge if you change your mind, there's really never a reason not to pledge now if you think you will later. You help yourself and the campaign by doing so, by unlocking more value for others to see (who will in turn pledge, or increase their pledge, which makes adds more value to your pledge).

Not only that, but with the structure of this particular KS, it behooves you to pledge early for earlier shipment.

Never wait on a KS unless you know you don't want in at all... :)

Edited by LoopyChickenfanny
  • Like 2

I can't believe that I missed out on the Early Bird level. That's what I get for living on the Pacific coast and enjoying a good night's rest.

I'm not going crazy yet, but the core set was already worth it for me right away. (I might skip most of the add-ons, though.) I totally sympathize with Canada/ROW in that it would be nice to know what shipping is going to cost up front.

(And add-ons of Pathfinder iconics would be a very nice thing... Hint, hint!)

• Like 1