Bones Kickstarter #2 Discussion

ladystorm

I just think it might make the KS more effective. Reaper has admited to their mistakes but its still early enough that if they altered things they might get some of the people who've opted out to come back. It does seem like a large issue to alot of people though. Atleast enough to make it a poor horse. lol

Bane, I know you think that. But if I might point out the obvious. You're literally telling the people who've run the most successful miniature Kickstarter to date (unless I missed one) how to run a Kickstarter.

Look, I know how you feel. Last Kickstarter I was complaining pretty loudly about the communications. But there comes a point when you need to cut your losses and move on. I respectfully suggest you're nearing that point now.

Quite aside from anything else, if they change things now after people have already pledged based on a certain reward structure, there's definitely a case that could be made that they're acting in bad faith. Changing it for the next Kickstarter is definitely something they may consider, changing the planned expansions is something I think they've considered and implemented - I seem to recall one of the Reaper Peeps saying they'd try and make the next Core Expansion sets more coherent. Changing what's already been done is, I think, a Big Mistake™.

Fair enough

• Like 2

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Fair enough

And may I just say I appreciate, greatly, that you're being reasonable about this. I really like interacting with people who are passionate about something, but who have the capacity to take on board other points of view. So thank you for stating your opinion in the first place! I look forward to seeing more of you around here!

[Edit]Guhbuh. I just checked your date of joining the forums, and I probably couldn't have been more patronising if I'd tried with that last sentence >.> Apologies for that!

Edited by Laoke
  • Like 5

Introducing Expansion 2 with just the teaser of a few cool minis only to follow up by introducing another expansion is not only a bit of a bummer to me it makes me worry that I may have jumped the gun with my pledge and that they will not have enough time to flesh out both expansions to make it worth more than just spending the $50 piecemeal.

The idea of scene piece is nice, it is sad how common a table full of 30 year old plastic trees is at game stores, but as someone else said, "A shipping container?" I got plenty of small boxes lying around I dont need one made of bones. :wacko: And do they think I am going to buy the whole set just to get the tardis? ...I wont. Seriously, I wont. ...I might.

Edited by Rich711
  • Like 1

Fair enough

And may I just say I appreciate, greatly, that you're being reasonable about this. I really like interacting with people who are passionate about something, but who have the capacity to take on board other points of view. So thank you for stating your opinion in the first place! I look forward to seeing more of you around here!

Well, Ive come into the forums from time to time for years (since before legendary encounters came out) Mostly just to see if there was anything new. Dont remember my old account though. I thought it was the same name as this but maybe it got deleted or something I dont know. Never posted much though....

EDIT: wait no this IS my account...seems like it had some of my older posts deleted. Because I remember a few posts about the succubus not getting into the Legendary Encounters line even though they had a preview of it....yes to this day im still disappointed...

Edited by Bane Of Humanity
  • Like 1

Ah, but sir, you missed the "previous sketch".

Let me help you:

Creator Izzy "Talin" Collier 10 minutes ago

Well, I have no weeping angels (that I can show you, so we can neither confirm nor deny their existence, so don't blink), but here's a Time Lord - er, Lady - er, character for you.

https://scontent-a-dfw.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/1379563_322131414593342_768089828_n.jpg

• Like 8

[Edit]Guhbuh. I just checked your date of joining the forums, and I probably couldn't have been more patronising if I'd tried with that last sentence >.> Apologies for that!

lol its fine it seems like alot of posts I made in the past arent on my profile anymore...perhaps due to inactivity...because I rarely posted

You know that reminds me...

69274993-260x260-0-0_Princess+International+Dark+Heaven+Kasadya+Princes.jpg

Im still waiting for this reaper....but ill settle for a Bones version....

• Like 1

When they put up expansion 2 I upped my pledge to $500, saying "that's it."

Then expansion 3 dropped. I asked for stuff that could be used for Traveller. So much for my resolve, though some may have to be added after the fact, in the pledge manager.

• Like 1

Introducing Expansion 2 with just the teaser of a few cool minis only to follow up by introducing another expansion is not only a bit of a bummer to me it makes me worry that I may have jumped the gun with my pledge and that they will not have enough time to flesh out both expansions to make it worth more than just spending the $50 piecemeal.

Reaper has said that they have a contingency plan for if a CE doesn't get fully unlocked, though they haven't specified details.

Ah, but sir, you missed the "previous sketch".

Let me help you:

Creator Izzy "Talin" Collier 10 minutes ago

Well, I have no weeping angels (that I can show you, so we can neither confirm nor deny their existence, so don't blink), but here's a Time Lord - er, Lady - er, character for you.

https://scontent-a-dfw.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/1379563_322131414593342_768089828_n.jpg

That bit of Circular Gallifreyan says "Korsair." Presumably a reference to The Corsair, especially given the Ouroboros. And that sketch looks very, ah, Sexy, if you catch my drift... Edited by Slendertroll

The idea of scene piece is nice, it is sad how common a table full of 30 year old plastic trees is at game stores, but as someone else said, "A shipping container?" I got plenty of small boxes lying around I dont need one made of bones. :wacko: And do they think I am going to buy the whole set just to get the tardis? ...I wont. Seriously, I wont. ...I might.

I really wouldn't worry about that. Worst case scenario is you look the day before it closes, see it's not even close, and reduce your pledge accordingly.

That would be highly unlikely though. Last time, and most Kickstarters I've contributed to follow this pattern, the pledges absolutely exploded on the last couple of days. We'll at least match the KS 1 total or I'll dress up like Buglips and take a photo for the forums to chortle over.

It's a little too early to get an exact estimate but I'm thinking somewhere between $7.450129 million and $7.450130 million total.

• Like 9

How can you "dress up" like someone who repeatedly states disdain for clothing?

Just remember this is a family friendly forum. If you do post, remember to link and warn for nudity. :poke:

No pants != Nude. I was thinking a frilly skirt.

• Like 4

Meh Squee Toes

I'm from Florida. I know Meh Squee Toes.

And I think a giant Mosquito would freak my players out more than giant spiders. They've gotten used to giant spiders.

Maybe someday there will be a bones mosquito and I can have a swarm of them. Muhahahahaha!

Wouldn't that just be a swarm of Stirges?

• Like 1