Bones Kickstarter #2 Discussion

ladystorm

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yup. I take back what I said earlier about the cube. I wasn't thrilled with the green. It was ok, just not what I was expecting. Seeing it in the clear resin... Reaper wins. Take my money.

~v

I found it a bit too hard to see through honestly, wish it was cast a bit thinner so you could really see what's inside.

Remember, that's a prototype; it may not even be the same material as the final. You may be right in the end, however. Strictly speaking from an aesthetic standpoint, I like it much better after seeing it this way, though.

~v

That dragon in the terrain is not Gauth (at least not the original, head is wrong).

Looking at its base shape, it looks like it fits with the rest of the display.

This is going to be a mother of a mini (maxi mini?)

Somewhat literally... Bryan just referred to that dragon as a female ("...I cannot tell you her name...").

• Like 1

That dragon in the terrain is not Gauth (at least not the original, head is wrong).

Somewhat literally... Bryan just referred to that dragon as a female ("...I cannot tell you her name...").

A name whispered by heroes and spoken only by fools. A bloody tale told to frighten children in the night. A terrible legend that no one thought could be true. Until now...

Gauth, the granddaddy of all dragons! This magnificent miniature is sure to be the centerpiece of anyone's miniature collection! Sculpted by legendary artist Jim Johnson, this amazing dragon stands approximately 12" tall and has a whopping wingspan of 16". Gauth comes in seven easy to assemble pieces.

I don't know the dragons that reaper makes well enough, so anyone have any thoughts as to which very large female dragon this might be?

ok, Ok, OK! Take my money!!!

I wasn't going to add the mouselings or the rats, but you talked me into it Reaper! Are you happy now?! ERMA GERD!!!

AARRRGGGHHH!!! we haven't even made it to the last day Mega-Blow-Out stretch goals like they did the last time with Nethy, Kaladrax and Mr. Tentacles. So I know I am only going to up my pledge more then, so I might as well do it now. *gives up, and just hands her wallet over*

Originally I had planned on only going up to like $200, but I'm over $230 now and we haven't even hit the bigger reveals towards the end of the KS. I have this feeling that Reaper will take over $300 from me again hah!

Compared to me, you are the model of restraint.

The video has me considering a second Narthrax, and that's without getting a good look at the dragon in their shameless tease at the end. I'm not sure where this will end, but I am going to be spending a lot of money between now and the end of the year.

• Like 3

I looks like that ruins terrain is modular, which is a good idea.

What I notice is that there's room for at least one more large base to add to that ruin and of course, the occupants of the ruin itself.

And the ruin itself looks like something you can change around or add more pieces to.

Edited by Thrym
  • Like 2

I looks like that ruins terrain is modular, which is a good idea.

They certainly look multipart, but they look a bit purpose-fit to be truly modular. perhaps they could create a less ruined version of the tower that shared some parts?

• Like 1

ok, Ok, OK! Take my money!!!

I wasn't going to add the mouselings or the rats, but you talked me into it Reaper! Are you happy now?! ERMA GERD!!!

AARRRGGGHHH!!! we haven't even made it to the last day Mega-Blow-Out stretch goals like they did the last time with Nethy, Kaladrax and Mr. Tentacles. So I know I am only going to up my pledge more then, so I might as well do it now. *gives up, and just hands her wallet over*

Originally I had planned on only going up to like $200, but I'm over $230 now and we haven't even hit the bigger reveals towards the end of the KS. I have this feeling that Reaper will take over $300 from me again hah!

Compared to me, you are the model of restraint.

The video has me considering a second Narthrax, and that's without getting a good look at the dragon in their shameless tease at the end. I'm not sure where this will end, but I am going to be spending a lot of money between now and the end of the year.

I went a little overboard the last KS for a beginner painter and got the disapproving looks from the wife from THAT one. She doesn't even know about this one yet, so I'm sure I'm going to get a talking to soon enough... I have to be a bit restrained, but I just keep failing WILL saves and upping my pledge level. Reaper is just revealing too much awesome!

I went a little overboard the last KS for a beginner painter and got the disapproving looks from the wife from THAT one. She doesn't even know about this one yet, so I'm sure I'm going to get a talking to soon enough... I have to be a bit restrained, but I just keep failing WILL saves and upping my pledge level. Reaper is just revealing too much awesome!

Tell her I think you are being quite reasonable. ::D:

It might also be helpful if she was away from the computer during the final hours of the Kickstarter.

• Like 3

Tell her I think you are being quite reasonable. ::D:

It might also be helpful if she was away from the computer during the final hours of the Kickstarter.

I could just see the look if I said, "Hey hon, klarg1 from the reaper forums says I'm being reasonable by not spending a lot more money on the kickstarter..." *POW* right in the kisser!

• Like 4