Bones Kickstarter #2 Discussion

ladystorm

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My wife said I could spend as much as I like. But if I so much as glance at another 5-headed dragon queen then it's couch time.

Which really means claw claw bite bite bite bite bite tailslap frost gas fire lightning acid couch time.

But so long as all of you keep your mouths shut, I'd still like a Bones Tiamistress.

• Like 16

The reason I picked up Kaladrax is because he looked tiny in the concept art and why I didn't pick up Cthulu and Nethyrmaul. Well, he/she was normal sized until China blew up the proportions.

Bathlians! We need some of those in this kickstarter. There is only one available, he/she needs a family.

(bold emphasis added)

:blink:

I know China blew him up to ridiculous proportions, but he still towered over Hyrekia in the concept art. I'm not sure I'd call that tiny.

In spite of Kally's insane proportions, I kind of regret not buying a second one that I could use as an experimental armature for sculpting a living version. It'd be epic.

I'm with you on the Bathalians though.

Er, tiny was the wrong word to use with him. He looked like a normal size dragon that I could use on the table. Now he's gigantic and I'm not sure how to incorporate this into the situation. His mouth can fit a full figure in it. Which is a plus. ^_^

• Like 2

I am kind of alarmed when it comes to how much I am spending and my wife's reaction. I keep hearing comments like:

"if it really is a good deal, then you probably should buy as many as we can afford"

"you know what our bills are and so I trust that you will spend a reasonable amount"

"I know that the more miniatures you own, the less likely any other women will talk to you"

"so, the amount of miniatures a person needs is like how many shoes a woman needs?"

As a single miniatures painter, I find this statement concerning.

Oh well; at least I will have lots of Bones to keep me company. Kaladrax doesn't judge me.

• Like 11

Man, I watched the video again...damn...

My daughter doesn't need daycare...I mean...really, she's like 2 months old now, she totally can take care of herself during the day...

• Like 6

On the subject of wife aggro, I mentioned earlier that she spent a bunch of cash on a tattoo last week. I pitched it to her that I ought to be allowed to spend that much money on myself with impunity. That means I've got 650 dollars. That should be enough, right? ...Guys?

I should have let her get that $3000 bicycle ...

• Like 1

On the subject of weird looking demon lords, the boar guy is a Nalfeshnees (formerly Type IV Demon), and the wolf demon is a Not-Glabrezu. Both of them have been in since 1st ed, so I'm liking that I got some awesome models for them! And in Bones!

I really like the wolf demon but Im not into the Nalfeshnee...plus I have all these in DDM. And I have Reapers other "not-Glabrezu" which isnt nearly as good as this new one. So I think I might wait until retail for that one.

Man, I watched the video again...damn...

My daughter doesn't need daycare...I mean...really, she's like 2 months old now, she totally can take care of herself during the day...

That's right! Get your priorities straight :upside:

On the subject of wife aggro, I mentioned earlier that she spent a bunch of cash on a tattoo last week. I pitched it to her that I ought to be allowed to spend that much money on myself with impunity. That means I've got 650 dollars. That should be enough, right? ...Guys?

I should have let her get that $3000 bicycle ...

Yes!

Edited by ub3r_n3rd
  • Like 1

oh oh oh I can't wait to see the ruins and any associated terrain! Terrain in Bonesium is just too brilliant. MOAR! and also NOW!

That does look good, and I doubt I'll come close to making my saving throw.

That said, the new Dwarven Forge terrain has painting instructions that are so close to those for Bones (including warnings to avoid certain paints for tackiness), that I strongly suspect it's PVC too. And it's really nice (just in case you need more than Reaper funds).

I personally like the sculpt on this Nalfeshnee better than I have seen any other sculpt. I too have more than enough in DDM but I am selling off anything I get painted in Bones. That way I have a painted mini to represent what I need until I get one that I have painted myself. I get great pleasure seeing my own paint jobs on the gaming table. So it's a win-win situation.

Well, the theory is that I'll sell my DDM as I paint the Bones... least that is what I've told the husband when he says "but you already have such and such." :lol:

Argh! I was doing so well! I managed to resist the Kraken, and the Rats, and the Mouslings. The video is making that decision a lot more difficult... ESPECIALLY the Kraken. Dem tentacles! Dat beak! So Majestic!

Still can't sell me on the greater demons though. That wolf thing is just waaaay too random and weird for me to want to put down on the table. It's the reason that I DON'T want the addon. The winged gorilla pig demon is just as bad.

And now, for speculation, does anyone have any guesses how much the dragon/ruins option is gonna cost?

On the subject of weird looking demon lords, the boar guy is a Nalfeshnees (formerly Type IV Demon), and the wolf demon is a Not-Glabrezu. Both of them have been in since 1st ed, so I'm liking that I got some awesome models for them! And in Bones!

I was about to comment that neither of those models were "random", both had valid Fantasy RPG equivalents, and then I saw that Thes beat me to it.

Thes, seriosuly, I think you have listening devices in my office. Please come and remove them.

I was about to comment that neither of those models were "random", both had valid Fantasy RPG equivalents, and then I saw that Thes beat me to it.

Thes, seriosuly, I think you have listening devices in my office. Please come and remove them.

Don't go Thes, its a Trap!

• Like 4