Bones Kickstarter #2 Discussion

ladystorm

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This was the first time I sat and refreshed to make sure that I saw a KS start. I am glad I did. That first 30 min. was so much fun!

It is also the first time I pledged before I even read any of the page other than the pledge levels! :blink:

I think I was one of the first ones in. Pretty cool. ^_^

• Like 3

Has the "Savage Worlds? Why are there cowboys in my fantasy box?" comments started on KS yet?

I think they look awesome.

I have 120 figs in the core set once we get Savage Worlds, but I could be off.

My excel sheet says 120 miniatures total for the core as well. (159 miniatures total for one of each miniature add-on)

• Like 1

Why are there only 8,000 core sets available? :| Why are there only 500 $1 pledges available? Seriously. Imma be mighty PO'd if I can't get in on this.

They are using the the pledge levels to help level out the shipping. Each of those levels is the same except for the expected shipping date. To further clarify that is the date when they expect to start shipping that particular pledge level. Bryan said that there will always be two pledge levels to pick from. Very smart from a shipping standpoint and I have seen several other kickstarters do the same thing.

Edited by Heisler

Holy Crap! 30 31 pages of comments in here already. I don't know if I'll even bother to try reading up on what's already come...

As for me, I didn't have time to get in until about 9:30 PDT (not quite an hour ago) so I was "stuck" with 3rd Wave Shipping. But, then, it couldn't possibly be any worse than the length of time it took to get them shipped to Vancouver, BC, Canada last time! (PLUS I have a US delivery address to use so still no shipping and no worries about cross-border shipping shenanigans this time!!!!)

Still so excited to see what happens next! :bday:::D:

EDIT: and another page got added while I was typing!

Edited by MatrissaTheEnchantress
  • Like 2

Three questions that are showing up a lot on this forum and should probably be added to the Kickstarter FAQ:

Why are there only x/number pledge slots? This is Reaper's clever way of guaranteeing that earlier pledgers get their orders earlier. You pledge for the earliest shipping wave available, and that gives you an idea of when your order will arrive.

Will there be more shipping waves? One presumes so, as Reaper has already added a few waves. No idea if or when they'll cap it off, but I doubt they'd stop so soon into the Kickstarter.

How do I select my add-ons? Just pledge the amount you wish to pay Kickstarter. Reaper will send you a survey once the Kickstarter is over where you can indicate which add-ons you want.

• Like 2

A couple things:

#1: If you are going to post a question, please do yourself (and the rest of us) the favor of at least checking the last few pages of comments. I know there is a lot to read, and they are going by fast, but some basic questions have been repeatedly asked and answered. With that in mind...

#2: There is no indication from Reaper that they will limit the amount of pledges available in this KS. They are releasing pledges at 500 and 2000 (respective to the two pledges levels) at a time. This keeps backers from being confused by which pledge level they should be choosing. The only difference between the additional pledge levels being added is when they will ship. You get the same stuff, just later.

#3: Shipping. Look, it's expensive. It's even more expensive for ROW. Reaper isn't trying to "Bones" you, or discourage you from buying in. Offering you the same shipping deal as the US, or even subsidized shipping, just isn't smart business, no matter how much you might not like it. Either this deal is worthwhile to you, or it isn't. Complaining about Reaper making sound financial decisions for this KS is a waste of your time. We all make decisions every day about whether or not we think something is worthwhile to spend our money on. If this deal doesn't make sense for you, then it doesn't.

#4: Please read the comments prior to making a post. Yes, I know this was also #1. It deserved repeating.

~v

• Like 9

We can’t mark a parcel coming from a business to a consumer as a gift or promotional materials with no value, so we must declare a value.
The value we will declare is the total amount of your pledge for product. The value we list on the import document WILL NOT INCLUDE shipping charges. As an example, if you order a Core Set for $100.00 plus a dragon for $15.00 and add $37.50 onto your pledge for shipping your total pledge would be $152.50. We would declare the value of your shipment as $115.00

This will bite me for a lot of money. Here in Brazil they have a 60% tax on everything we buy outside.

(nonetheless still a great deal!)