ladystorm

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Once more unto the breach!

BANZAAAAAAAAAAAAAIIIII!

(I put it all in a spoiler box because I feel bad for the peoples trying to read the forums on tiny phone screens. :) )

~~~~~~~~~~
Izzy "Talin" Collier about 1 hour ago
@Grum, ELF, Brisingre: The cases shipped with the figures (I packed a LOT of cases in boxes). My guess would be that adding a case might push the box above the threshold of a size or weight bracket, shipping-wise.
~~~~~~~~~~
Izzy "Talin" Collier about 2 hours ago
The dragon? Well, it's green...
Having held the ruins in my own impish hands, I still cannot wrap my head around how big that dragon must be.
~~~~~~~~~~
Izzy "Talin" Collier about 3 hours ago
Although, I can neither confirm nor deny that the sketch I sent Ron tonight may be for an upcoming stretch goal.

Izzy "Talin" Collier about 3 hours ago
Here's the sketch I e-mailed: 10001010110101010101101010010101101010000010111011001011010010110101010011... (some assembly required)
~~~~~~~~~
Andre about 4 hours ago
@Reaper Bryan , Nice video , if you do one more , i would really like to see a close up 360 degrees of the Demon Lords. Are those new sculpts?

Bryan Stiltz about 4 hours ago
@Andre - thanks - we'd like to, if we have time.

Bryan Stiltz about 4 hours ago
@Andre - and yes, both are new sculpts.
~~~~~~~~~~
Buglips D. Goblin about 5 hours ago
I also draw. And I'm very good at it for one of my kind.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v249/themizmenace/hooman.jpg
~~~~~~~~
Sirithiliel about 5 hours ago
Steampunk Safari madness!!!!
http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d58/Sirithiliel/Safari_zpsc4366b91.jpg
~~~~~~~~
Bryan Stiltz about 6 hours ago
Ron, just promise me you won't tell them what else is in the ruins.

Gatt about 6 hours ago
@Bryan
There's something else in the ruins?

Ron Hawkins about 6 hours ago
Something...or some *things*.
~~~~~~~~~~
Albert about 7 hours ago
http://www.reapermini.com/FigureFinder#detail/03180 just saying bonz needs a big spider .....

Bryan Stiltz about 7 hours ago
@albert - to the best of my knowledge that model has not yet been reengineered to work with Bonesium
~~~~~~~~~
Gatt about 8 hours ago
Looking at the Gelatinous Cube...It does look a bit...opaque? I was hoping we'd be able to see what's inside of it, kind of defeats the purpose of having things inside doesn't it?

Bryan Stiltz about 8 hours ago
@gatt- it's not opaque. Just textured.

@william ward- the material is crystal clear but the texture means it's not like glass.

Reaper Miniatures about 12 hours ago
@Bane - It's actually very clear, just thick and textured, which distorts the light.
~~~~~~~~
Ian Arnold about 8 hours ago
@Bryan My question got buried by everyone cheering for 13k. Will you all at least celebrate surpassing the first kickstarters number of backers with a trick card?

@ian- it has not been discussed. Our CEO is an accountant and the only metric relevant to him is whether the project pays for the rewards.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Kickstarter updates are not automated. I am physically watching the tracker and pressing the button to make it happen.
~~~~~~~~~~
Reaper Miniatures about 11 hours ago
@Kenneth - More Core Set rewards are planned, yes.
~~~~~~~~~~~~
Craig Gjedde about 12 hours ago
Anyone else notice on the top left of the ruin tower what may be 2 pegs for something to connect or is it just my imagination?

Reaper Miniatures about 12 hours ago
@Craig - we have not yet shown everything that goes in that reward.
~~~~~~~~~~
Dan Goodchild about 13 hours ago
@Reaper: Speaking of the last kickstarter, if the prodigal elves are ever delivered will you wait to make them in Bonesium or put them into production in metal?

Reaper Miniatures about 13 hours ago
@Dan - I do not at this time have an answer. Neither at this time do I have the elves.

@Dan - which is one reason why there is not nearly as much concept art this time and more actual models and prototypes.
~~~~~~~~~
@W Dove Boyett - We would love to be able to fulfill early. We are working now with our mold makers, who have many models in hand now, and are simply awaiting the down payment (which will be when Kickstarter/Amazon transfer the funds to us). This will save us some time. Other models will be sent as quickly as possible, and we should have them all in hand much faster than last time - we were still receiving sculpts in February last time.
all that said, there's a lot of variables. The more they have to make, the longer it takes, etc. So we planned for a worst case scenario. If we are able to fulfill early, we will certainly send out updates with the good news, but at this time we are planning for an on-time fulfillment, and making alternate plans for best and worst cases.
~~~~~~~~
@Cad - According to CNN Money (linked below by "C") 80% of projects fulfill late, and 30% fulfill around a year late. Our last project was odd - shipping started in March, went through April, then ended while we waited on more product to arrive, then started again in June and went through August.

C about 13 hours ago
@Jon and All: Some required reading about gaming KS, courtesy of BoardGameGeek:
http://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/160421/item/2750333
~~~~~~~~~~~
Jon Thompson about 13 hours ago
um... did the fulfillment dates change? are we going to have to wait a whole year before we get our figures? all the dates say 2014 now.

It has not changed. Once a level is created, its text cannot be further edited or changed. This is done to prevent a creator from claiming a level gives X,Y, and Z, and then editing so it only says Z now and cheating people, or from creating t with a Ship Date of DDMMYYYY and changing it later, again with intent to defraud.
~~~~~~~~~~
Jon Thompson about 13 hours ago
so we have to wait 12 months to get our stuff? does that seem EXTREMELY long to anyone else? I could have sworn that it was 2013 delivery date.

@Jon - These miniatures do not yet exist. Our previous Kickstarter took 11 months to fulfill, and we have added a little time to that, just in case. In this instance, we need that 13+ months to finish making prototypes, have molds cut, have the well over (at this point) 5,000,000 miniatures produces, shipped and sorted.
~~~~~~~~
Reaper Miniatures about 14 hours ago
Clearly our video editing skills are sub-par. Who allowed that to get there? Certainly not part of a fiendish plan to keep revealing more and more of that ruins thing. I wonder when we're going to finally show it with everything...
~~~~~~~~

Oog, KS peoples need to stop being so chatty! ::P:

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

• Like 9

Probably doing something fun on their Saturday. Me, I work the nightshift so i'm watching comments and applying a thined black wash to some minis waiting to hit the next stretch goal. Definitely curious to see the next reveal. Hopefuly adding things to the expansions.