Bones Kickstarter #2 Discussion

ladystorm

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah. I mean, even if they were listed clearly as a discontinued/error selection in the boneyard at a reduced price or something. It'd be better than a total waste of product. Reaper's full of smart and creative people, so possibly they already discussed the idea and decided against it for whatever reasons.

Some people who shop seem to have limited literacy skills* after all, and may be very upset to find out the clearly-labelled factory reject mini was a factory reject mini and not perfect.

*That comes from my experience over the years on eBay, where an astonishing number of people would complain they were misled because they can't be bothered to read things stated clearly.

Edited by buglips*the*goblin
  • Like 2

The scary thing is that I do actually try to stay on topic. I just have a condition where I'm unable to recognize discrete boundaries (explains a lot of other things too).

I know. I appreciate the effort you make.

and the pants, I really appreciate the pants...

Also, am I the only one who thinks that if the alien cowgirl error is consistently reproducible that she ought to get a new name and SKU? Because accident or not, that's still a pretty cool Weird West chronoconcept.

it is cool. I like aliens and cowboys and dinosaurs all mixed together for a theme.

• Like 8

*That comes from my experience over the years on eBay, where an astonishing number of people would complain they were misled because they can't be bothered to read things stated clearly.

Equally valid example, the guy last Kickstarter who wanted his money back because the mind weren't made of metal, and weren't Kickstarter exclusive. =/ Yeeeeah.
  • Like 2

In terms of minis we'd like to see, I'll agree with the Frost Giants. We had a good selection of Fire Giants first time around. Frost Giants are also part of the old Warlord game so it'd be nice to have them. I believe most of them are out of production in the P65 line.

I'd also like to see the 'not king kong' done up and the giant from Jack and the Giant boxed set.

I'm hoping we'll be able to add to our pledges after it's over as funds are tight right now.

• Like 2

While I haven't kept up with this one as much as the first KS, I'll be this one for prob 100 or less. No Core set for me this time. Just can't afford it & really I have majority of the figs in metal already.

Core set expansions don't excite me thou I do like the demi-lich, he just isn't worth 50 ^_^ . I'll pick that one up at retail.

Great add ons thou, espically the first one with the dragon & the demons & devils are great figs as well.

RM

Are the bonus 4 bugbears and 4 gnolls not Warlord characters?

And are there many figures for 2" bases? The bugbear they have pictured in the base looks way to small for that base. I am used to wargames where the base are 30mm, 40mm and 50mm (basically, 1 inch, 1.5 inch and 2 inch.) I was hoping to use stuff like Hill Giants as Heavies. Will those fit in a 2 inch base or does Reaper tend to sculpt them with wider stances?

... I guess what I am saying is a Trick Card of 1.5 inch bases would be nice too.

Many RPGs use 1", 2", 3", etc. bases. Lots of Reaper's minis are made to fit 1" square bases, and therefore don't really fit round ones, which is a bit annoying. The orcs from the last KS, for example, barely fit on a 1" square if you stick them on diagonally, but there's no way to fit them on a circle.

Plenty of the big monsters should fit fine on a two-inch base though. I know the PF Red Dragon from the last KS has an integral base that's just a hair over 2" at its widest point, and I'm definitely mounting it on one of the 2" bases. Deathsleet, on the other hand, goes on a 3" base pretty well, but certainly not a 2". Hopefully that gives you a reasonable sense of scale.

Edited by Slendertroll
  • Like 1

I was hoping to use stuff like Hill Giants as Heavies. Will those fit in a 2 inch base or does Reaper tend to sculpt them with wider stances?

no and no. 3 inch, maybe. take a look at the scale shot on the home page, they are huge sized.

Edited by vulture

In the first video it appears we can see most of the base that is missing from the second video, although without its occupants.

*pictures snipped to conserve space*

Ta muchly for that comparison. That new dragon looks to be very big then, not Kaladrax big but maybe similar to Nethyrmaul? I've almost convinced myself that the head shape is similar to Kaladrax though, only with less well developed and less bent horns. I'm hoping for living Kaladrax. ::D:

I was hoping to use stuff like Hill Giants as Heavies. Will those fit in a 2 inch base or does Reaper tend to sculpt them with wider stances?

no and no. 3 inch, maybe. take a look at the scale shot on the home page, they are huge sized.

Actually, the answer is yes (Korgug, Bugbear Bully from the Reven), and yes (Bondeflayer from the Kargir). However, they also appeared pre-KS1.

The Warlord Hill Giant does fit on a 2" square base. Krug (aka Brugnungir in the Kargir faction) will also fit on a 2" base; he has a tiny bit of overhang in metal because he has an integral base from being a DHL figure, but if you trim that, he fits fine. I would imagine in Bones this will be even easier to do.

~v