Bones Kickstarter #2 Discussion

ladystorm

See, now, I could complain about those beefy giants. Because they're the ones I don't like the style of. Same as the last Bones.

But I won't.

Because every Bones I didn't like the picture of turned out to be awesome once I had it in hand. The original Bones Ogre was the leader there. I hated that sculpt in pictures. Now I have more than I remember. 7, maybe. Possibly 8.

So I'll just assume all Bones will be awesome. Precedent says so.

• Like 9

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Given KS doesn't charge until the KS campaign completes, and it allows you to pull your pledge if you change your mind, there's really never a reason not to pledge now if you think you will later. You help yourself and the campaign by doing so, by unlocking more value for others to see (who will in turn pledge, or increase their pledge, which makes adds more value to your pledge).

Not only that, but with the structure of this particular KS, it behooves you to pledge early for earlier shipment.

Never wait on a KS unless you know you don't want in at all... :)

Perhaps, but there's a lot of consumer psychology to already having your money in like that, and I know myself too well to think I'm immune to that sort of monetary momentum.

There is. No doubt there. There is the 'once I've pledged I'm committed' mentality of some. But it's behavior I'd like to see broken given Kickstarters are all about momentum, and wishy-washy people have no need to concern themselves with the ability to pull out if they want to.

Are those 2 rats in the core set as large as they seem to me? They look like knee height to a human or larger. Or are they small dire rat sized?

I think those are the "dire" rats, one of which is included in a LTPK. So yeah they're big.

• Like 1

About to head out for lunch, worked on this, just thought I'd share (will be back in an hour) - please let me know if you find errors:

http://duelgrounds.com/

Woah, this is awesome, thank you!!! By plugging in the stuff I'm interested in (Core + dragon + case + paints + gelatinous cube), I was able to figure out how much to up my pledge by.

$170 and counting, ugh. I need to get a job even more urgently now just to support this Kickstarter! :blink: Darn it, Reaper, why you gotta have such cool stuff?!

@Buglips - Holy cow!! Glad to hear you're safe and sound!!!

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

• Like 3

...I don't even know what's in it yet, and I already pledged more than for the last one. Also, Early Bird.

GUYS I THINK I NEED A SUPPORT GROUP OR SOMETHING

Wow are you in the wrong place. There's nobody here but us enablers. :devil:

Go ahead... refresh one more time. We won't tell.

• Like 6

Alright, I pledged $189. And then I put some pants on and brushed my hair and fed my cat and opened the drapes and microwaved some food. I AM A MAN NOW. The beast has fled for the moment.

Update: Oops! I forgot my shirt and shoes! This has been corrected. Now I can be served at Dairy Queen.

Like a MAN.

And not a beast.

Edited by burnsides
  • Like 1

Really trying to cast a critical eye over the addons, but even so I can already see myself in for an extra $50-$60.

I'm also planning delivery/taxes/duty etc to cost me at least 50% of my pledge cost with a worst case scenario of 100%.

Try hard to manage both my expectations and my budget.

I'm really struggling with the "shipping added" aspect when I can get $35 free shipping once they go retail. If I order 4 addons costing $10 each and they tack on $20 shipping, then there's ZERO difference between backing their KS and waiting for the addons to retail for $15 each.

I'm new to this so bear with me, but here's a dumb question: I've backed Bones 2 at the core level ($100) and there are a few of the options that I would like as well so I added an extra $10. How do I go about selecting which option I want? Say I want the Mousling pack, do I just pledge an additional $10 and then later I have the option of choosing which $10 option I want or I do have to pledge enough to get to that option (+$12 for Narthrax, +$10 for Lords of Darkness, then +$10 for the Mouslings)? Thanks for helping out an old, dumb guy.