Bones Kickstarter #2 Discussion

ladystorm

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Its odd that no one from Reaper has appeared in the comments section yet today.. must be some hellacious meeting

maybe. Or maybe they are talking about what would possibly make a person need...

22 Crates and 22 Barrels. Or even worse, dark purple, transparent crates and barrels. O_o

I was going to update my avatar picture, but now I am thinking I have to keep it.

I dont get it. Why would them being translucent purple be a good thing? If they are ghosts or slime or fire or ice, I get the translucent but wolves and tentacles? Are they not supposed to be painted?

not necessarily. some gamers will use them straight out of the package. it's just a cool feature!

• Like 1

I think they need to pull a trick card that is a core set reveal. We're losing money as a KS with the ROW backers I think not wanting to pledge for the core set because with shipping they won't be getting a great deal. The core set has unlocked very little since Reaper made comment that shipping for it would not go up. I think you'd see a large increase in pledges if the core set turned into an even better deal because it would made ROW feel like the shipping cost was not as extreme.

I dont get it. Why would them being translucent purple be a good thing? If they are ghosts or slime or fire or ice, I get the translucent but wolves and tentacles? Are they not supposed to be painted?

Everything is better in translucent smoky purple.

Other than esthetic reasons though, I am fairly certain purple is used for dark magics in several systems... and I think in 4e there are a few spells that the tentacles would make sense for.

Edit: Also, whatever Reaper did on the 15th brought in close to 500 new backers over 2 days. It's a weird little blip on that chart. Edit Edit: Ah, they announced Numenera and CE3.

Those weren't announced until the 16th. Mr Bones was announced of the 14th, achieved on the 15th. Announced on the 15th was paints and CE #2.

~v

Wasn´t the Paizo e-mail sent on 15th?

Check out some of the work done on the KS1 Fire It Up and Spectres miniatures (which were red and green). They look really sexy. I don't think translucency has been done before, except in prepaints, so people are still figuring out how best to paint them up, but there's some really stand-out effects already.

• Like 2

Schedule of purple (Core Set) goals:

$30K, 52K, 100K, 150K, 200K, 250K, 303K, 357K, 413K, 471K, 531K, 598K, 672K, 750K, 858K, 1000K, 1414K, (1615K), (1745K), 1824K, (2000K).

Those spacings (excluding bases and Mr Bones) are:

$22K, 48K, 50K, 50K, 50K, 53K, 54K, 56K, 58K, 60K, 67K, 74K, 78K, 108K, 142K, 414K, 410K.

The highest announced goal is $2387K, or $563K above the last Core Set scheduled goal.

While a surprise purple addition at about $2.2M would be welcome, a gap from $1.8M to $2.5M for scheduled Core Set goals doesn't seem too bad.

On the prior Kickstarter, $1.66M is where the last add-on stretch goal happened (Hydra). Everything after that was free in Vampire (until the time-based goals for Kaladrax and Cthulhu). Based on that, I wonder if Mashaaf will be the last add-on goal until around the 24-hour mark, with everything else being in Core, Exp 2, or Exp 3.

• Like 2

I'm supposed to be playing D&D on Saturday. My friends are gonna be REALLY annoyed when I leave the table every 10 minutes to check on the kickstarter.

Fingers crossed for this HUGE surge everyone's talking about. I want a repeat of the day 1 awesomeness.

• Like 2

Tentacles are based off of Black Tentacles which are made of shadows. The wolf is meant to be like a Shadow Mastiff. The Shadow demon is a demon made of shadows and of course the shadow is made of shadow. So I think the translucent purple to mimic shadow is very appropriate

• Like 10

Its odd that no one from Reaper has appeared in the comments section yet today.. must be some hellacious meeting

maybe. Or maybe they are talking about what would possibly make a person need...

22 Crates and 22 Barrels. Or even worse, dark purple, transparent crates and barrels. O_o

I was going to update my avatar picture, but now I am thinking I have to keep it.

22 crates and 22 barrels? Where is that option?