Bones Kickstarter #2 Discussion

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The core set is a great deal considering it is like 64 cents a mini.

That's not even including the bases!

150 minis by my count, excluding Mr Bones.

100/150 = 66cents. A steal. However, Jack has a point. If you only want 15 of the minis in the Core, then you're paying $6.66 per mini, which isn't so great.

My opinion? Get the full set anyways, then eBay it, especially if you have an early delivery wave. TaDaa! You just got your addons for free!

Now I'm debating if I should grab a second Core just to sell, since I'm in Wave 2 and I'm sure some Wave 7's will want theirs before Christmas.

• Like 2

I like the minis from this KS better than the first. There were good minis in KS1 but I think Reaper and the artists are starting to really get a feel as to which models/designs will make best use of the bones medium. The only ones I'm iffy on are the mouslings. They are pretty small and the details may be hard.

I like them equally. There are some really good ones in both KS and of course being rather new to painting these KS really fill out my collection. I know a lot of people on here have thousands from years and years of buying them, but for the newer people like me this is a great way to jump-start us into the hobby and get more RFFL (Reaper Fans For Life)!

• Like 5

Nah, momentum hasn't stopped. We are still gaining backers, still reaching goals, and still moving towards the $3m mark. If momentum has stopped we'd not be going anywhere, but we are still going up even if it's not at breakneck speed (yet). Just watch, in 2 days this thing will rocket off again!

• Like 1

I like the minis in this KS a lot more than last time.

This. So much. I love the variety and interesting sculpts they've thrown in.

KS1 was great for filling out rank and file RPG monsters (and dragons) and stocking up on PCs, but this KS blows it out of the water when it comes to cool factor.

This KS feels more active. The last one, being the prototype, it was pretty much just us sitting around waiting to see what's next.

With this one, things people say they want appear. That's real nifty. I remember translucent purple came up in the KS comments. We made a case for Anhurians and got them. Numenara got nagged into existence ( ::P: )

Even if stuff came up that I really didn't care about, the fact that our input can make a diference is huge. I want things to go well so next KS, if there is a next KS, Reaper's nice enough to do the same.

• Like 7

I don't understand why some people think the momentum has stopped. We are already up 28K today and averaging 46K there are Kickstarters out there that would kill for those kind of numbers. The goals have to get farther apart especially for the core. When you add something to core, you don't just add it for the 13,000+ people that are already on board you have to be able to produce for the additional 4-5K people that may well join this week.

If people are seriously considering dialing back their pledges then I would do it now. As we move closer to the end the possibility of the servers crashing, like they have on just about every huge project so far, you may not be able to get your pledge reduced before the KS closes.

• Like 6

The new smoky figures are gorgeous... I have raised my pledge to 350 usd, even with row postage to 50 usd I think it is a good deal, and still other 15 usd in my wishlist

Yeah, this is what's happening to me too. I liked Expansion #2 but not enough to shell out another $50 when I'm already close to $300. But the purple guys just cracked my resolve. Again.

Previous Bones KS was my first(*) Kickstarter and I just kept on adding to the pledge as new goals were announced. Now I'm in for my maximum, which is admittedly less than last year because of 3 other miniature Kickstarters in the same month. Whatever else is announced, I don't think I'll be able to add to my pledge.

So it's all up to getting new backers and hoping the CE's fatten up some.

(*)second

It's worth noting that people have been wrong about telling Reaper that Reaper is doing things wrong for more than a decade. Like how Bones was predicted to be a disaster nobody would ever want. (and I own some of that one)

Having grown tired of being wrong, I decided it was easier to just assume they know what they're doing. I've been right a lot more since I started doing that.

• Like 18