Bones Kickstarter #2 Discussion

Well, 2.75 is still a nice number. That will unlock the Shadows and maybe something else in CE2...might make it worthwhile.

It will be interesting to see if they unveil their Ruins sooner because of the stall. I recall someone saying (more or less) that the ruins were "in the cliffs" which would put it like 10 goals from this point. At $120k+ between goals, we need a small miracle to reach it.

I'll try drumming up Reddit a little early maybe. I was going to post on Thursday, but maybe today is better.

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's worth noting that people have been wrong about telling Reaper that Reaper is doing things wrong for more than a decade. Like how Bones was predicted to be a disaster nobody would ever want. (and I own some of that one)

Having grown tired of being wrong, I decided it was easier to just assume they know what they're doing. I've been right a lot more since I started doing that.

I hope you're not wrong.

• Like 2

*le sigh*

Someone earlier said something about wanting one of everything and they used the word "collect" and that totally pushed my obsessive collector button firmly into the "on" position. I was considering opting out of a few of the options but now I feel I MUST have one of EVERYTHING to add to my COLLECTION of Bones.

Then it occurred to me that for the first Kickstarter I did NOT buy one of everything because I had no idea I would like painting minis nor really any desire to own minis and only bought into the Kickstarter cuz my gamer buddy said to. Now it appears I will have to find those items I missed the first time around because I am in PAINTER+COLLECTOR mode instead of just PAINTER mode.

The moral of this story is: Don't let this happen to you! Buy one of everything in this Kickstarter NOW.

hahahaha!

;)

Heidi

• Like 14

The Ruins will likely get in regardless of the outcome of the kickstarter. They've "previewed" and "hinted" it enough to us to get us excited and needing it and if they dropped it because the last minute performance wasn't there they would suffer the wrath against a third KS. In all likelihood it's been the grand finale all along and they'll manage it like they did with C'Thulhu at the end of the last one.

Here's the boil down point of pledging and getting the most from it. Figure out your budget. Pledge your budget. Your budget isn't likely to change much before Saturday night. If you want more after the fact dredge up the money and add it via PayPal before that deadline. No one says that the amount you up your pledge has to be for a specific Core Expansion or Add-on. You can configure your rewards long after Saturday night.

• Like 5

The Ruins will likely get in regardless of the outcome of the kickstarter. They've "previewed" and "hinted" it enough to us to get us excited and needing it and if they dropped it because the last minute performance wasn't there they would suffer the wrath against a third KS. In all likelihood it's been the grand finale all along and they'll manage it like they did with C'Thulhu at the end of the last one.

I got clarification on C'thulhu. He wasn't tossed in because we were close enough, Bryan told me that the money goal had actually been reached with about 15-20 minutes left on the KS. By this point I could no longer access either kickstarter nor the forum here, so I was left with the erroneous impression that we were just shy of the goal and got him anyway. This has since been confirmed incorrect.

• Like 2

Here's the boil down point of pledging and getting the most from it. Figure out your budget. Pledge your budget. Your budget isn't likely to change much before Saturday night. If you want more after the fact dredge up the money and add it via PayPal before that deadline. No one says that the amount you up your pledge has to be for a specific Core Expansion or Add-on. You can configure your rewards long after Saturday night.

Wise words.

And I say that with the experience of over 60 Kickstarters.

And this one runs pretty good, I would be surprised if we don't reach a bunch of stretch goals in the next 4 days.

• Like 1

I got clarification on C'thulhu. He wasn't tossed in because we were close enough, Bryan told me that the money goal had actually been reached with about 15-20 minutes left on the KS. By this point I could no longer access either kickstarter nor the forum here, so I was left with the erroneous impression that we were just shy of the goal and got him anyway. This has since been confirmed incorrect.

Understood but I don't recall Big C being hinted at from the get go. So I doubt we'll miss out on the Ruins. Now, I didn't say we'd get ALL of the Ruins if things tanked near the end.

Edited by Thrym

I still think ruins are in one way or another. Maybe it'll be more expensive than they wanted, or introduced in a way they didn't want, but I don't think they skip it no matter what happens.

It's been the big carrot since day 1.I don't expect the reveal until the last day though as it's sure to drive pledges.

Having participated in the Torment:Tides of Numenera kickstarter, I can say that it roughly felt the same way as this one does. Mid-way through the KS, and even approaching the end, people were lamenting the pace of the project funding. And then, all of the sudden, just when I was worried it was going to crawl over the finish-line, it exploded again.

That project is VERY comparable to this one. The company had a very successful first kickstarter with wasteland 2, and on Day 1 of the Torment KS, like this KS, they blew past their goal by several orders of magnitude. Then they had a lull, as all of the initial excitement over their new project died down. Then, at the end, all the fence-sitters and bench-warmers finally got off their butts and pledged in, out of fear of missing an AMAZING opportunity to get in on something great. Their upturn started roughly 5 days before the end of the KS, with each successive day yielding about 1.5-2X the backers and pledges as the day previous to it.

We are 4 days out, and looking like we will probably top yesterday's pledges and backers before midnight. Not by 1.5-2x, mind you, but if we see an increase in today over yesterday, then we can probably safely assume that tomorrow will accelerate as well, up to KS close.

...Just gotta get those fair-weather KS backers off their butts.

• Like 4

On the last update I got 2 of my "Naponatom´s Stretch Choices" yeepee!

But seriously, I am one of those who wants more fantasy miniatures but I welcome any variety Reaper puts in the pot.

I won´t have much use for NOVA Corps (but hey! I won´t have much use for a Chuthulhu either...)

I had great time painting my alien gunslinger and Rex T600, and I will wait for the Bathalions (although I´ll probably use them as aberrations from Kyber) and everything that will come in the EC#3.

• Like 4

I'm sure some of my friends and network contacts feel like I'm a broken record, but I keep linking to this Kickstarter. I want it to succeed so well as to absolutely flummox the naysayers.

• Like 2