Bones Kickstarter #2 Discussion

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bones KS1 vs KS2

I think a lot of the people that keep comparing the amount raised for this one compared to the last one at this point in the project are forgetting MANY of us were not even aware of KS1. The reason it was so low on the totem poll was because so many did not know about it. I am guessing there was a big push in the miniature community and maybe with some media outlets near the end and thus we see the big boom in backers and funds.

KS2 had all those people show up the first day so of course it goes down and things peter out. With the whole ROW shipping drama and those possible backers not jumping in or dropping out it makes things even slower looking.

Even if no more funding came in and all I got for the $150 I have pledged so far is what we see...I am happy and will love my new minis I got at a great discount. Now what I hope to see is some sneaky marketing ploy from Reaper in the next couple days that makes everyone go "OMG I WANT THAT EVEN IF IT COST ME ANOTHER $50!" and we drop another $50 into the pledge bucket and watch the numbers shoot up and more unlocks happen.

With that said...I am still at the 3mil tops for the ending of this KS.

(looking forward to seeing some of the goodies in person on Saturday)

• Like 3

Things are gonna get real busy real soon for all you Reaper peeps, so I just want to take a quick opportunity now to THANK YOU for all the fantastic work you've done in planning this kickstarter, managing expectations, dealing with backers, incorporating our wishlists, drawing concept art, sculpting greens, moderating posts, and *especially* for including an ignore user option on the forum. THANKS!

• Like 16

My feeling is that we shouldn't argue amongst ourselves. This is a great opportunity to add to our collections of minis at a SUPER cheap amount no matter how you look at it. Is it slow now? Sure. Will it pick up later? I think so, but even if it ended right this very moment I'd still be happier than a pig in mud. Be the goat people, don't argue over this stuff it's just silly. Be happy and excited for what is to come and what has already passed thus far. If you want to expend excess energy, rather than argue over semantics and numbers, go out and promote this thing to everyone you know and don't know. That will be a much better use of your time.

• Like 10

Look at all of us. Armchair economists, every one :P

Real economists aren't foolish enough to attempt to forecast these projects.

(Ignore my previous posts where I attempt to forecast these projects.)

• Like 7

So just a few hard numbers that folks can gnaw on.

BONES I Day 21

Total Pledges $407,931

Total Backers 2432

BONES II Day 21

Total Pledges $2,103,225

Total Backers 13318

BONES I would almost reach this level at the end of Day 32 (2,052,053) but would do it with fewer backers (10,586)

I don't really like the tentacles (they kind of remind me the Day of The Tentacles game from Lucasarts), also I don't see the point of making translucent minis since they need to be painted...

Guess I'll wait and see what other minis will be unlocked and then decide whether removing this expansion from my pledge or not.

They need to be painted, but they do not need to be painted solidly. you can use only washes and glazes to preserve translucency in parts to either get a smokey effect, or a light piping effect, or if you get really ambitious, an LED in the base does really interesting things.

Edit: What Shakandara said. Yep.

Or you can use translucent paints for a really neat effect. My green translucents from the first KS take about 10 minutes to paint for a great effect.

lol they are seriously trying to leave ample bait in each expo lol

as far purple tranlucents I do like the concept are for that Shadow Demon. DDM had a Translucent one but its sculpt was to be desired...So this would make a pretty good replacement.

As to the rest meh...tenticles might be nice but meh on the rest.

So just a few hard numbers that folks can gnaw on.

BONES I Day 21

Total Pledges $407,931

Total Backers 2432

BONES II Day 21

Total Pledges $2,103,225

Total Backers 13318

BONES I would almost reach this level at the end of Day 32 (2,052,053) but would do it with fewer backers (10,586)

People have to stop referencing the first one because its not going to give any indication or how Bones 2 will end. Bones 1 didnt do as well in the begining because people didnt know about it until it was almost over. People knew about this one at the begining. Which is why I think the last few days are not going to be nearly as impressive as Bones 1. Could be wrong and Im ok if I am because that would mean more bones...but Im realistic about things. If we tie KS 1 I will be amazed

• Members

I don't mind people being pessimistic or disappointed, I just don't need to see the same people constantly reiterating they are unhappy. We get it. Move on. Reaper has shown if there is enough support for something they will move it up on the list. It's far more constructive to try and build hype about what they want.

• Like 8

I don't mind people being pessimistic or disappointed, I just don't need to see the same people constantly reiterating they are unhappy. We get it. Move on. Reaper has shown if there is enough support for something they will move it up on the list. It's far more constructive to try and build hype about what they want.

I want updates closer than every $150k and stuff that few people have use for in their gameplay unlike humongous slugs and purple translucents. Orcs, trolls, elves, soldiers, dwarves, robots, heck, even barnyard animals. Stuff that will get regular use.

Edited by Rich711