Sign in to follow this  
ladystorm

Bones Kickstarter #2 Discussion

Thanks OneBoot,

Shame Reaper has no sense of humor, the worm joke was the funniest damn thing to happen all day and I was reaping karma off of my reply! :blush:

They probably did one of those "LOL...but seriously guys that cant be there"

• Like 2

I opted out of last years sophie for the same reason. That and it was metal and most llikely a pain to put together. Had she been bones I probably would have kept her.

+1 from me. As a rookie to mini painting/assembling, metal is/was scary.

Heck, I still haven't put together any of the multi-part bones minis from KS 1, but given a background in models assembly, I think I may have better luck with those than with metal.

• Like 2

I'm looking forward to my eventual adventures in assembling KS1 Sophie. Mostly because of the stories I'll have about how I ruined a limited edition metal figure.

• Like 2

If you traderd her in last time you don't get one this time. You upset her.

Fortunately I kept my Sophie, bought the UL Sophie and bought the Sophie Box Set (even though I already had all of them).

I opted out of last years sophie for the same reason. That and it was metal and most llikely a pain to put together. Had she been bones I probably would have kept her.

+1 from me. As a rookie to mini painting/assembling, metal is/was scary.

Heck, I still haven't put together any of the multi-part bones minis from KS 1, but given a background in models assembly, I think I may have better luck with those than with metal.

Most of the large bones I have the pegs are just so much better and easier than any metal I have ever seen. They almost go together without any glue/greenstuff. That is how well some of them fit together. (Kaladrax being the one exception from what I saw in person)

• Like 1

Thanks OneBoot,

Shame Reaper has no sense of humor, the worm joke was the funniest damn thing to happen all day and I was reaping karma off of my reply! :blush:

Funny to some, but not all and rules are rules. What's so wrong with wanting to keep this board family friendly?

Thanks OneBoot,

Funny to some, but not all and rules are rules. What's so wrong with wanting to keep this board family friendly?

I'm not sure who wouldn't find it funny, and I didn't say anything about it not being family-friendly It was a clean joke, and it set itself up perfectly. I broke no rule. By the Mod's admission we're all older than 12, and I've heard far worse spew from the mouths of kids younger than 12.

That new demon slayer sophie is pretty darn cool looking. Fingers crossed that the mini lives up to the artwork.

Reaper Sculptors fight over who gets to go through Talin's concept artwork first. I'm sure Bobby will do a killer job on Sophie, no worries.

• Like 2

Thanks OneBoot,

I'm not sure who wouldn't find it funny, and I didn't say anything about it not being family-friendly It was a clean joke, and it set itself up perfectly. I broke no rule. By the Mod's admission we're all older than 12, and I've heard far worse spew from the mouths of kids younger than 12.

<Mod>karma equaled locked thread?

It wasn't funny to enough of us. Bryan's comment about age refers to the trying to get around my locking.

Keep it family friendly. If in doubt, don't post.

</Mod>

• Like 3

Reaper Miniatures about 1 hour ago

@Niranth - I *could* if we had closer to full participation. Right now only 9,000 of 13,000 have used it. Of those, less than a third are ROW

Ohhh, that's interesting. Ignoring the fact that only 3/4 of the pledgers have used the calculator it's still interesting that ROW seems to be such a large part. Admittedly, "less than a third" can mean anything from 0.1% up to 33%, but compare that with the 25% ROW pledgers from Bones I AND the shipping kerfluffle.

Troll Slaying Sophie to the rescue! I can totally use her in games without a second thought.

It's not a true Reaper project unless there is a Sophie!

And this time 'round, we like her. We really really like her! :wub:

? what's an ignore list and how do you know you're on it?

If you click your name at the top of the page, you'll see the option to "Manage Ignore Prefs". If there is someone who regularly makes you lose your goat nature, you can choose not to see their posts (and other things). I'm not sure it's possible to know whether you're on someone's ignore list.

If you traderd her in last time you don't get one this time. You upset her.

Fortunately I kept my Sophie, bought the UL Sophie and bought the Sophie Box Set (even though I already had all of them).

Yeah, me too. (So I don't need to buy that Bourbon St. Sophie from you after all.) ^_^

• Like 1