Bones Kickstarter #2 Discussion

As a Reaper noob, what is the deal with Sophie, is this a mascot or based on a actual person at reaper?

p.s. My "Warlord Second Edition" book just arrived today so more Warlord minis that fit in that books factions would be much enjoyed.

Edited by Rich711
  • Like 1
  • Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sorry for the quality (my scanner is broken) but here it is:

Sorry, no. The insanity spread to some of the people from Reaper over on the comments tonight...   Presenting... Pitamat   There's no going back now...

Blah, insomnia strikes again. So, without further ado... *cracks knuckles* Alright, chums, let's do dis. LEEEROOOOOOOOOOOOOOY JEEEEEEEEEEEEEEENKIIIIIINS! ~~~~~~~~~~ Antonia Vogel about 4 hours ago

Posted Images

That new demon slayer sophie is pretty darn cool looking. Fingers crossed that the mini lives up to the artwork.

Reaper Sculptors fight over who gets to go through Talin's concept artwork first. I'm sure Bobby will do a killer job on Sophie, no worries.

Than they crank out a prototype in a day? That big worm thing when from art to model photo in about 24 hours.

? what's an ignore list and how do you know you're on it?

If you click your name at the top of the page, you'll see the option to "Manage Ignore Prefs". If there is someone who regularly makes you lose your goat nature, you can choose not to see their posts (and other things). I'm not sure it's possible to know whether you're on someone's ignore list.

Ah thanks for this! I get people wanting to vent but some poster's negativity is harshing my buzz. Now they can vent and I don't need to experience it!

• Like 3

From what I hear the translucents are not too different from other bones to paint, but it is a slightly different formula as they are both colored (in most cases) and translucent.

For the Prototypes. The Great Mother Worm was already sculpted. They just had to receive her back to photo her as she went for the molding process.

For Sophie: I am super happy and excited. I wanted Sophie on this and one in bones is even better! I still have the kickstarter Sophie from last year. We refused to trade her away as I had always wanted a sophie and look forward to finishing her painting. After I find all of her parts. They seemed to have scattered during a recent move.

• Like 2

Also, are the translucents "bones" or is it a different kind of plastic? Does it need to be painted different?

It's pretty much the same. You can paint it without priming, it's flexible and there's a wide variety of flexibility in the different sculpts - the Lesser Fire Elemental from the first Kickstarter is noticably more flexible than the rest of the translucent red sculpts. Probably because of her wings & the need to remove her from the mold in one peice.

You can, however, paint them with transparent paints if you have access to them. I use Tamiya Clear paints: the red has been my go-to for blood effects for years, and the other colors over metallics gives a wonderful 'laquered' effect to things like oriental armors. Using them on the translucents gives an interesting effect: it works very well indeed on the green 'undead' figures, with quite a bit of definition added. The red isn't quite as good for definition, and working in the different temperatures of fire is tricky at best, but it's still servicable.

That new demon slayer sophie is pretty darn cool looking. Fingers crossed that the mini lives up to the artwork.

Reaper Sculptors fight over who gets to go through Talin's concept artwork first. I'm sure Bobby will do a killer job on Sophie, no worries.

Than they crank out a prototype in a day? That big worm thing when from art to model photo in about 24 hours.

Can't guarantee this, but I think Bryan said they had the green but not good photos so they went with Talin's artwork first.

• Like 1

...accidentally hit ignore all on preference list. suddenly the forum is empty. cannot cope...

sad_kitten.jpg

(just kidding. needed an excuse to post a picture of a sad kitten. Don't be mad at me, Ladystorm! I promise to talk about Bones!)

We're really picking up steam! Less than 40K until awesome Sophie!

• Like 10

IBobby Jackson did the Sophie sculpt! I missed that on the first read of the email since I was busy staring at the Sophie. He's done a bunch of my new favorite figures (I don't have only old favorites since I've only been at this a few months).

I'm gonna drybrush black onto that shadowhound & give him white teeth & red eyes. Just enough purple to make him look unworldly.

Provided the purples dark - if it's the same shade as the green, I think it'll be a bit too bright for a hellbeast...

• Like 2