Bones Kickstarter #2 Discussion

ladystorm

Just upped my pledge. I'm not sure what this says about me, but I have just pledged more than Reaper is paying me for the sculpts I did for the KS*. :huh::wacko::lol:

*(and no I'm not going to tell you the amount) ::P:

Well, Reaper just needs to hire you to do more!

(seriously, Reaper. You need to hire him for more sculpts. I love his work.)

• Like 6

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just upped my pledge. I'm not sure what this says about me, but I have just pledged more than Reaper is paying me for the sculpts I did for the KS*. :huh::wacko::lol:

*(and no I'm not going to tell you the amount) ::P:

Well, Reaper just needs to hire you to do more!

(seriously, Reaper. You need to hire him for more sculpts. I love his work.)

True story. I need more stuff for my dungeons.

• Like 5

I've said it before, I'll say it again. I got more minis than I can paint from KS1. But I am in to KS2 for twice the cash of KS1. I'm not going to let the volume of unpainted minis be a discouragement. It just means that I have a stockpile of minis to rummage through when I need something for my game. And I'll paint figures as I have time.

• Like 6

I am kinda hoping that the Bones 3 kick starter will get pushed back until early 2015 if they plan on doing a 3. So I can catch up on painting.

I would think it's a pretty safe bet that there won't be another grand Bones Kickstarter before 2015. I would guess that Reaper will want wait until finish shipping the rewards from Bones II before starting a Bones III. (Of course, Reaper has proven me wrong before.)

Sadly, they'd need to delay it until 2025 for me to catch up on painting. :zombie:

It's conceivable that they might run a smaller CAV or Warlord KS in the interim, but I would't want to place any bets.

Edited by klarg1
  • Like 1

New video is up!

Got a good sense on how big the big minis are now.

Yeah, that video might have cost me fifteen bucks. ::P:

As for the mystery sculpt from S4, any of the popular rumors would be cool. I think my first choice might be to have a less insect-like 1e-inspired umber hulk, but I can't imagine Julie doing anything less than awesome with a behir or dracolisk.

• Like 2

New video is up!

Got a good sense on how big the big minis are now.

Yeah, that video might have cost me fifteen bucks. ::P:

As for the mystery sculpt from S4, any of the popular rumors would be cool. I think my first choice might be to have a less insect-like 1e-inspired umber hulk, but I can't imagine Julie doing anything less than awesome with a behir or dracolisk.

Since it IS Julie doing the sculpt, and she IS the Mistress of Dragons, those are my two educated guesses.

• Like 4

And seriously folks, don't just pump your pledges to push reveals only to drop the pledges later. Ignoring the 'yanking the dog's chain' aspect, it is the kind of action that may get Kickstarter to reevaluate the methods of canceling and lowering pledges. Cancelling pledges and lowering pledges is an invaluable tool to help deal with life's ups and downs and help combat nonprofessional or foolish actions by the Project Starters. If it gets the appearance of primarily being a way to manipulate stretch goals, KS might clamp down on the options backers have.

• Like 4

I like the ability to edit pledges, but I don't like it when people like the "Pledge Troll" purposefully manipulate the numbers to be jerks. The reason it's there is for us to be able to up when we have the funds or see new things we want/need. The other reason to be able to edit is if something happens in your personal life where you can't afford as much anymore (like losing a job).

• Like 1