Bones Kickstarter #2 Discussion

ladystorm

I still have to figure out which mini from the first kickstarter I'm going to paint first.

A rat. It's easy, and then that problem is solved. Of course, then you'll have to choose mini #2. But the good news is, there are 12 rats. So you have at least 12 solutions in series. After that, though, things may get tricky.

• Like 3

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm working on some gobbos, some kobolds, and I have a faceless horror I'm playing with. Don't let anyone lie to you, it takes a while to paint all 20 eyes and 20 teeth.

:blink:

I don't think I've ever read/heard anyone say that painting all the eyes on that thing was quick....

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

I'm not quite sure which miniatures I'll want to paint first. I haven't painted anything since April, right after getting back from ReaperCon, so I'm in desperate need to get my brushes moving again. I've got plenty of KS1 minis, and other minis to paint.

I'd probably like to get my brushes on the chimera first.

• Like 3

Mouselings. Definitely my mouselings.

Then the Heroes and Villains with their snazzy bases. Then whatever I need for my campaign, probably any woodland creatures that are there. Centaurs look like fun, even if they suffer from buckle-itis.

The bases are indeed snazzy; I'm probably going to try sticking various minis on them, just because. The castle-dude looks incredibly awesome, and every time I see him I entertain wild ideas of a Bones chess set....

Huzzah!

Yea, The Rook is pretty awesome, although I just finished painting 5 Warmachine Cinerators, and let me tell you that if you had to paint up 16 Pawns you'd jump off a cliff.

I'd love a "Fey Court" with a King, Queen, Bishop and Knight to round out the set though. Maybe buy them up and paint them as card suits and then have an Alice in Wonderland game with your Jabberwock?

• Like 2

Then the Heroes and Villains with their snazzy bases. Then whatever I need for my campaign, probably any woodland creatures that are there. Centaurs look like fun, even if they suffer from buckle-itis.

The bases are indeed snazzy; I'm probably going to try sticking various minis on them, just because. The castle-dude looks incredibly awesome, and every time I see him I entertain wild ideas of a Bones chess set....

Huzzah!

Yea, The Rook is pretty awesome, although I just finished painting 5 Warmachine Cinerators, and let me tell you that if you had to paint up 16 Pawns you'd jump off a cliff.

I'd love a "Fey Court" with a King, Queen, Bishop and Knight to round out the set though. Maybe buy them up and paint them as card suits and then have an Alice in Wonderland game with your Jabberwock?

HA! I have 5 cinerators from the 2 player box, waiting to be painted as well. You could also only paint 8 pawns if you made different pawns for each side.

Edited by Ted Kord

I'm not quite sure which miniatures I'll want to paint first. I haven't painted anything since April, right after getting back from ReaperCon, so I'm in desperate need to get my brushes moving again. I've got plenty of KS1 minis, and other minis to paint.

That's a long time to go without painting. You having withdrawal symptoms yet? I gets the crazies if I go too long.

• Like 3

Huzzah!

HA! I have 5 cinerators the 2 player box, waiting to be painted as well. You could also only paint 8 pawns if you made different pawns for each side.

Yup I split the BB with a friend, he took Khador ("The shields have guns in them!") and I took Menoth. 8 pawns in 2 colours is probably how you'd do it. It'd still be torture, but at least maybe they wouldn't be covered in rivets (or as I like to call them "Oh $ I missed another one"). I'd need to paint them in batches of 2 so I could get bored of them in between batches.

That's a long time to go without painting. You having withdrawal symptoms yet? I gets the crazies if I go too long.

Yeah...it isn't pretty.

• Like 1

I was talking with another friend in on this yesterday and he started out talking about how much he hated the Mouslings. Which of course led to awkwardness as I then explained that was what I was looking forward to the most. Now we're two people with generally similar interests, tastes and backgrounds. But if the mouslings were included in the core set I'd think that was a great thing (well, I would if I was pledged for a core set), while he'd have wished for pretty much anything else. I don't really have a point other than that it's a tough balancing act for Reaper that I don't envy and anybody who expects an entire set to appeal to them personally seems rather optimistic.

:blink:

I don't think I've ever read/heard anyone say that painting all the eyes on that thing was quick....

Huzzah!

Painting all the eyes on that thing was quick. It's a total lie, but now you've read somebody say it! *drum roll*

• Like 6

Hey we are getting the mouslings and I can't resist paint the beekeeper one as Link. I also have two nieces and a nephew. I will paint some up as gifts for them. One of the Sophies will be for my sister. She'll love it.

I should say thank you Buglips. I decided to try the Walnut Brown on my bones and it has made picking up the details easier on my eyes. It has also helped my metallics to stick better.

• Like 4