Bones Kickstarter #2 Discussion

ladystorm

So for us internationals, can anyone recommend a shipping agent to have the items posted to the, in America with free shipping and the have them send it on to me?

And how does it work, will it be cheaper? this might be a more viable option for any US KS

• Like 1

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I assume, and hope, Reaper has some sort of discount on shipping, as they use shipping services rather much :P

That and that US shipping is not free so they are paying something. Would be unfair that I´m paying a USA fellow shipping cost... : P

The US shipping is included in the base cost. For the last KS, they said the US backers were effectively subsidizing the rest of the world, as the difference in shipping was that great.

last order I got from reaper broke the 100 dollar magic barrier and @133 dollars.. I got hit with 27dollars in duty fee's..so fellow Canucks I'm not sure if its a flat fee or a percentage..but from faq we should all keep that in mind we're looking at duty + the shipping fee's

It is what it is..just people need to temper their expectations this time. Does anyone know how the duty fee is calculated?

Usually GST/HST + service fee. Canada Post fee is usually $5 or so. This amount may vary across provinces depending on tax scheme. So there might be GST + PST in one place; only GST in another; HST elsewhere.

For me, 133 would be 22.29 (assuming 13% HST, I actually don't remember what it is) including post office fee.

However, how this formula is applied is a mystery. It's supposed to be on purchases over $20, gifts over $60. But I get purchases in excess of $500 with no taxes or fees at all, despite being clearly labelled. And sometimes a gift valued $30 has fees.

So I make no attempt to derive sense from that.

Note that if by international courier, the service fee (or brokerage fee) may be in the $20-$30 or more range in addition to shipping.

• Like 1

Creator

Reaper Miniatures 1 minute ago

@Bridge - Shipping rates vary greatly based on weight. If I give you a rate now, it might no longer be valid in 25 days, and we do not actually know how this will end - it could stop quickly or hum along for weeks. We would rather wait until we can give you valid, reliable data than tell you bad data on the first day of the project and be very wrong.

For those International Reaperites here is a post from the comments section as to how/why they are holding off telling everyone the actual shipping cost.

Also the average price difference for those standard sized minis was about $2.50 per - they worked out to about 0.40 each and retailed for at or around $3

Edited by Hellcow

I assume, and hope, Reaper has some sort of discount on shipping, as they use shipping services rather much :P

That and that US shipping is not free so they are paying something. Would be unfair that I´m paying a USA fellow shipping cost... : P

The US shipping is included in the base cost. For the last KS, they said the US backers were effectively subsidizing the rest of the world, as the difference in shipping was that great.

Exactly my point. The US shipping is included. That´s why I expect part of the shipping ROW rate would be included too.

• Like 1

So for us internationals, can anyone recommend a shipping agent to have the items posted to the, in America with free shipping and the have them send it on to me?

And how does it work, will it be cheaper? this might be a more viable option for any US KS

Are you Canadian or overseas?

If you're Canadian, you can pay $5 to have "Ship to Blaine/Eureka/Sweetgrass" receive the package and hold it for you. I think they hold it for up to 3 weeks. You can then pay a good buddy $50 (or less) for gas to go pick it up if you're too lazy to do it yourself. This requires a day or half day of your time, but is equal to or less than the shipping fees to Canada.

If you're overseas...I have no idea.

Bones bookcase! I want an entire 28mm library worth of those

::D: Thanks!!! I'd hoped someone would like it.

Also, the bed should stack into bunks if you buy more than one (at least that was my plan when sculpting it).

Andy

TS, do you know if the bookcase will be available by itself at retail? If not..I hope there will be a Bones boneyard some day. I need many of those bookcases. Many.

I hope so, but Ron hasn't said anything about it yet. I doubt that they will make retail decisions like this for some time yet though.

• Like 1