Bones Kickstarter #2 Discussion

ladystorm

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The thing I'm worried about? That the 'cool' stuff, like the figures with bases, will come out, but they'll do so in limited edition resin. You know, like the Kraken or the old 'evil Warlord' where they only made so many, charged a mint for him because his detail was so fine it could only be cast in resin? This would be the reverse.

That's *definitely* the risk of this KS. From the last KS, we had five or so "miscasts" which, thankfully, weren't add-ons. Reaper says they will replace defective parts, or issue a gift certificate.

Y'know, because if the kraken were to miss a nose... :D

Anyway, someone asked for bookcases, and Showcase Terrain sells them prepainted! : http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/281144400557?lpid=82

holy cow how are they going to keep this going. This is so awesome and it is only the first day!

As much as I hate to acknowledge it, this will slow down after the initial rush of eager observers pledge in. We might only make one or two stretch goals a day for the rest of the month after the first 48 hours have passed.

It also seems like the goals are farther apart moneywise. Alot farther than KS 1 anyway...Or atleast it seems that way.

Only because it rose so fast. They got this far apart in KS1 too, but it took most of the month to get there. As more and more backers join, the stretch goals increase exponetially to accomodate all the new people.

Edited by TaleSpinner

holy cow how are they going to keep this going. This is so awesome and it is only the first day!

As much as I hate to acknowledge it, this will slow down after the initial rush of eager observers pledge in. We might only make one or two stretch goals a day for the rest of the month after the first 48 hours have passed.

We're already over $100k between the free goals, and that will continue to increase as well. Remember, even though the last day was the largest funding day of KS1, it still only hit 3-4 goals. I think it's very likely that there will be some days where no stretches are hit, since we're going to already have rather long stretch goals going into the down period.

It also seems like the goals are farther apart moneywise. Alot farther than KS 1 anyway...Or atleast it seems that way.

Only because it rose so fast. They got this far apart in KS1 too, but it too most of the month to get there. As more and more backers join, the stretch goals increase exponetially to accomodate all the new people.

Yea I came in towards the end of KS1 it was already at the 1mil mark. So I didnt really see the start of it. Guess we will just have to wait and see. Im really not sure its going to surpass KS1. I think it will slow to a crawl after the first few days.

Keep in mind that most people have not yet increased their pledges for addons. Average pledge right now is $107. Bones 1 had an average pledge value of $193.

If we get approximately the same pledge value with just the people we have now (7,159) that's 1.38 million (and nothing is saying we will...). So still lots of stretches to unlock, I hope.

• Like 2

Also, and I missed making this comment earlier because of my adventure in the hooman world outside, I'd just like to say...

Dragoth the Defiler? In Bones?

Reaper owns my soul. Because not only is that mini awesome.

Not only is it epic.

Not only is that mindblowingly cool.

But he's the #2 villain in my campaign, and if this KS meets delivery expectations, or close enough to it, I'll get him right when I need him.

Now last time, I thought reaper was reading my thoughts. But I dismissed this as paranoid delusion.

But now? Now I am certain of it. Because I didn't ask for Dragoth. But I still got him.

They know!

I don't know how they know but they know!

Oh my god, Dragoth. And the really cool one, too. I have the original in metal, but the second version is just... legendary.

ETA: And the skeleton guy in lords of darkness looks like a close enough match for it to be him on foot. And he's cackling evil. This means he can chill out on his throne, with some minions, when the party arrives. Like he just don't care. Have a little evil speech, mock them. Then when they get through his underlings, he can cackle and join the fun.

Awesome.

(also, the #1 villain is Kaladrax. Because in the end, it is always Kaladrax)

Edited by buglips*the*goblin
  • Like 9

$100 order + $70 shipping is silly. I only want 60% of the Core Set, which means that even if they triple the cost at retail, it's cheaper to go retail and get free shipping.

Then that's the best way to purchase your Bones! I know many Dakka Dakka posters prefer specific sculpts, rather than the "bulk purchase" of many of these miniature KS.

KS is designed for the *creators* not the backers. The "bulk purchase" model works much better for them, than allowing the customers to "pick and choose" models.

Keep in mind that most people have not yet increased their pledges for addons. Average pledge right now is $107. Bones 1 had an average pledge value of $193.

If we get approximately the same pledge value with just the people we have now (7,159) that's 1.38 million (and nothing is saying we will...). So still lots of stretches to unlock, I hope.

I am struggling already as it is to keep it below 200 lol

• Like 1

While I am delighted to see the frogmen I am also relieved that they are not Reaper's *other* frogmen which are on my gonna-get-list, the ones that look like demonic Kermits.

I am enjoying seeing so many minis from my wish list in the Kickstarter, but I also have been feeling a little guilty because it means I may not end up getting the metal versions as well.

Well, apart from the metal ones I already own. Twins, eh?

Also, and I missed making this comment earlier because of my adventure in the hooman world outside, I'd just like to say...

Dragoth the Defiler? In Bones?

Who is Dragoth and should I be as excited as you are about him being here?

So, I was in at "early bird" and put down $200 but as I'm expecting shipping to the UK to be at least $60 that doesn't give me much headroom. I think I ended up putting in about $270 into the last KS and I got 2 Vampires and just a few of the smaller options. This time it looks like I want more of the options. It will be interesting to see what turns up.

It does seem that Reaper has learned a few lessons. A year for delivery and only promising to ship 4000 pledges a month. The goals are slightly more spaced out than the last KS but not by much. Also they are not promising that all the options will be made, if there is not the demand for them. Best of all they are promising twice monthly updates come rain or shine. Hopefully that will also mean "here's everything that we know as of this date but it's subject to change". Holding back the info on the container delay bit them in the end. We know that the delay wasn't Reaper's fault so we would have understood. Clear information is the key.

I'm pretty sure that this KS will exceed the last and I hope that's the case but I recall Bryan saying that if pledges had gone over a certain amount in the last KS they would have been hurting. $6 million rings a bell for that figure so I hope that they have a plan for this KS :)