Bones Kickstarter #2 Discussion

ladystorm

Half way through KS1 I had abandoned the idea of painting every figure in my pledge rewards. My only real regret from the last KS was that I didn't have the funds to pledge for one of everything. This time around, I am going to pledge enough to get every figure that I'm half interested in. There are some options that I wont pick up because I just don't like or want the figures but will be doubling up on other options. Even if some of the figures never get paint, it's nice to have that mountain of figures to sort through when you need monsters on your table. I plan on having more paint nights where I force my game group to help me make progress on the heap-o-minis. I am not letting the volume of figures be a deterrent for pledging. More options is better.

• Like 1

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

From this point on, I have to finish an average of one miniature a day before the next one comes. I can do it. But I can't sustain that rate as an annual thing. I paint pretty quick, but not that quick.

You left out that it is going to be one mini a day for the rest of your natural, and possibly un-natural life Bug.

I don't like monsters very much and I'm not into huge minis, I prefer humanoid ones. I think the first kickstarter (which I missed) was perfect for me.

Anyway I'm sticking with the core set and I'm surely going to add the "Lords of Darkness" and "Heroes and Villains" options.

I'm not sure I'll pledge for the expansion set.

Also, shipping cost will be an important factor for me.

Wow. I can not believe how big the total got while i was at work.

Tuesday was a super stressful day for me. The one thing that sustained me all day was excitement of this kickstarter. I kept telling my self it was gonna be awesome to see what my 100 dollar pledge was getting me. That was my one comfort on that otherwise horibble day.

I want to thank Reaper and every one who is pledging for that solace.

• Like 5

Oh, like I said, I care not if US people get free shipping, is all their pledges that get me more addons TBH so, yeah Reaper!

But coming from a heavily devaluated country, if my pledge needs to go from 150USD to 250USD it is a bit too harsh and, of course, I need to re-evaluate (which I can totally do). It is a bucket of cold water. And it is a lot of money.

I read somewhere someone blaming the cost on merchant ships missing, or other crap. People, let's be serious. All this stuff, by USPS, ships air. There is no shortage of communication methods. Either the US postal service was too cheap and needed to adjust, or it was just a money grab from someone getting a bigger cut. No other country that I know of increased the postage cost so much this year, so this is not a world-wide issue. I can get shipping from Europe to South America by a third of what US is charging (and it comes from further away).

Sorry for the rant. I don't want to drop my pledge; I want to have a lot of nice Bones too! :)

Actually the UK rates went up a good chunk in the last year. Expect others to follow from the time this kickstarter ends to when product actually starts to ship.

Oh, like I said, I care not if US people get free shipping, is all their pledges that get me more addons TBH so, yeah Reaper!

But coming from a heavily devaluated country, if my pledge needs to go from 150USD to 250USD it is a bit too harsh and, of course, I need to re-evaluate (which I can totally do). It is a bucket of cold water. And it is a lot of money.

I read somewhere someone blaming the cost on merchant ships missing, or other crap. People, let's be serious. All this stuff, by USPS, ships air. There is no shortage of communication methods. Either the US postal service was too cheap and needed to adjust, or it was just a money grab from someone getting a bigger cut. No other country that I know of increased the postage cost so much this year, so this is not a world-wide issue. I can get shipping from Europe to South America by a third of what US is charging (and it comes from further away).

Sorry for the rant. I don't want to drop my pledge; I want to have a lot of nice Bones too! :)

Actually the UK rates went up a good chunk in the last year. Expect others to follow from the time this kickstarter ends to when product actually starts to ship.

Expect the UK ones to go up even further now that Royal Mail is up for sale.

Expect the UK ones to go up even further now that Royal Mail is up for sale.

Really? I got brushes and stuff from an UK store for less than 10USD a few weeks ago (and if they were only brushes, it would be free shipping). Good luck quoting anything (anything) from the US for less than 15USD.

Now that I think about that, I think they shipped from a warehouse in Sweden... mmm...

Really? I got brushes and stuff from an UK store for less than 10USD a few weeks ago (and if they were only brushes, it would be free shipping). Good luck quoting anything (anything) from the US for less than 15USD.

Now that I think about that, I think they shipped from a warehouse in Sweden... mmm...

I've noticed a few packages that I've been receiving here in the UK from overseas have been going by Sweden recently. No idea why, I'm guessing there's a large European distribution hub located there but it still seems odd. All of the rewards for Europe from the Dungeon Roll Kickstarter went over to Sweden first, the project creator was as baffled as the rest of us.

As a far away ROW backer (I missed the first one, and am just tight on money on this one but still managed to convince my wife because, you know, Mouslings), the thing that worries me is the uncertainty and WHEN to pay it.

Right now, an extra 60-100USD is a big deal in 24 days' time. I also travel to the US from time to time and can arrange to go to Miami quite easily, but then I need a place to deploy the package and wait for me, that I don't have.

I have backed stuff from the US, from Europe, and never had a problem. I would rather pick it up myself since travel expenses can be low (I work in an airline) but again, it is a problem, and I understand all the complains and whinning. Because, for ROW, it is like "I show you shiny and you can't have it". Or worse, you can have it but I don't know for how much, and it can make a big difference.*

So please understand frustration, and help us throu it. BS will abound, I know, and "fair" is crap, I agree, but again, please understand we non-US citizens want some Bones too. If it doesn't make a commercial sense to Reaper, it is something to understand as well, and we will do...

* Evil Hat's Dice KS directly prohibited ROW backing. Not for the books, and I backed that one.

Edit: also, please correct me, but the Customs form is the same for any country you are shipping to. I needs to be filled by hand and it is a chore, I know, but it is something done pretty quickly and without much thought if you have name, address and value of goods at hand.

If you ever fly into LAX I can hold your delivery for you.

• Like 1

I agree with you. Even within the US the postal rate hike was huge. Packages that I was shipping for $5 and $6 in country are now running $10 - $12. Shipping is a huge factor. As Doug pointed out, the USPS got behind the eight ball and is now playing catch up.