Sign in to follow this  
ladystorm

Bones Kickstarter #2 Discussion

Looks like the KS has hit a bit of a lull today, I'm still excited to see what else we get after the Villains and the Core Set Expansion 1 additions.

Any thoughts as to how many backers/how much this will raise by the end of the kickstarter? I'm thinking around $3.2 mil and 16k backers.

It only looks like a lull, because day 1 was so insane. We'll still top 100K today.

By the end? I'm figuring 24K backers, and somewhere between 5 and 6 Million dollars.

~v

• Like 5

And that's the thing that I can definitely understand as a frustration for ROW backers; without having a shipping estimate, it's hard to know how much they can pledge for miniatures without breaking their personal funding limits. Even if they use a guesstimate, it's probably on the "safe" side and means less money being pledged overall.

This is really a non-issue that was addressed on Day 1. Reaper has said (repeatedly) that once the picture becomes clearer for just how big the KS will be, that they will be able to provide a more accurate shipping estimate.

~v

To be fair, it will become a non-issue when the shipping calculator becomes available but for people trying to figure out their pledge right now, it's not a non-issue yet.

• Like 1

Looks like the KS has hit a bit of a lull today, I'm still excited to see what else we get after the Villains and the Core Set Expansion 1 additions.

Any thoughts as to how many backers/how much this will raise by the end of the kickstarter? I'm thinking around $3.2 mil and 16k backers.

It only looks like a lull, because day 1 was so insane. We'll still top 100K today.

By the end? I'm figuring 24K backers, and somewhere between 5 and 6 Million dollars.

~v

True, we were all watching/pledging/upping our pledges so quickly that first day that we smashed through all those goals pretty quick. Now we are looking at bigger numbers and goals that are further apart.

I will probably up my pledge to around $300 at some point, but right now I'm in for $100 and will need to talk the wife into being able to pledge at all, I have a plan though!

Really do hope we hit the numbers you are tossing out there with 24k backers and $6million, that'd just be awesome to see 250-300 figures included.

~v

I'm betting on at least as many (backers/dollars) as Bones I. At. Least.

• Like 1

To be fair, it will become a non-issue when the shipping calculator becomes available but for people trying to figure out their pledge right now, it's not a non-issue yet.

It's day 3. Breathe. :lol:

I'm betting on at least as many (backers/dollars) as Bones I. At. Least.

I agree. I expect that some of the first BS backers won't return. However, there were tons of people that found out about the KS only after it was over. We didn't reach 10K backers until the 3rd to last day of the KS last time; that means this time around, we've got over 10,000 people who can generate more grass-roots awareness over the next three weeks. We'll be (relatively) slow between now and the final 5 days or so, then it's going to explode again. I predict million dollar days the final couple of this KS.

~v

Edited by Shakandara
  • Like 2

When it comes to justifying to my wife just how much I will spend on KSII, I just remind her that she married a nerd. And she needs to be thankful. I look around and see how most men use their recreational dollars and cringe. "Well honey, it could be worse. How many boats has your brother bought now? I think my one time $500 investment in my hobby sure beats a 9k motorcycle, or 15k boat, or 45k RV....."

• Like 11

I already pledged nearly as much as last time. On day One (First Wave, yay!).

Granted, there is still a lot of buffer for stretch goals (and shipping) included, but I fear I might get more than last time if the awesome doesn't stop :-) .

Customs will be a pita, but that is next year, so no need to worry about it now.

• Like 2

My estimate is still approx 5 million, maybe 5.5. I don't think we'll see 6, but I'd be happy to be wrong :P

• Like 1

I think my one time $500 investment in my hobby sure beats a 9k motorcycle, or 15k boat, or 45k RV....."

Plus miniatures seem to hold their value very well over time... :lol:

• Like 3

Kingdom Death - 137 Miniatures

Fractured Dimensions - 57 Miniatures

Castles & Crusades Hanted Highlands - 6 Reaper Miniatures

Dwarven Forge - 549 Pieces

Itar's Workshop - 233 Pieces

Reaper Metal - ~70-100

Unpainted Older Stuff from multiple companies - ~200ish

Talisman Plastic Figures - ~25

Bones II - 151 and Counting....

So, ~ 1,450 things to paint.

Yeah, I don't have an addiction or anything...

So, I didn't get in on the original Bones KS, primarily because I wasn't into Kickstarter at that point, and because I wasn't really even back into painting, so it wasn't even on my radar.

I have kicked myself a million times so far because of it, because simply put, it was an amazing deal, and I will not lie about the fact that I am slightly envious of people who pledged for it, so I knew that when Bones 2 happened, I would be in on it.

Don't try to impress me with what you have unpainted. I have unpainted armies with more miniatures than that (and yes I did use the plural of armies)! :lol:

• Like 3

It's day 3. Breathe. :lol:

Don't misunderstand me. I've got a sizeable (well above average) pledge already locked in; I'm not worried for me - as I said, I have options. But don't discount the value of the initial excitement for turning lurkers or casual visitors into backers.

• Like 1

My thoughts about Reaper and shipping.... Looks to me like they are treating every backer like an individual and they want to present to each backer the very best value they can for that backer. If you are outside the US, well your still getting the best value that they can arrange for you. Yeah, it sucks that there is an increased cost for those outside the US, but that is the reality we live in.

• Like 3

So has their been a list posted of the core mini's and links to the Reaper site model?
I know what a lot of these are, would just like to browse closer at some of the other models

I'm curious how far apart the Core Expansions are. I know there are some mixed opinions on them, but I think it's a good way to bring in additional money (on top of the Core Set), while allowing for extra unlocks to make the Expansion an even better deal. I think that helps keep the stretch goals from getting further apart than they already are.

And on that note, I cringe to think of the distance between stretch goals toward the end of the campaign! :wacko:

• Like 1

Shakandara and Dan are right on point, it's the entire thought I had while reading the last few pages and catching up. Non-Issue, we are 3 days in and 20+ days left. Stay calm people, shipping estimates will come and no one said that your $10s won't be accounted for in the final RoW shipping costs.

I was just wondering if reaper has hurt themselves at all on this kickstarter, momentum wise, by allowing additional funds after the close on the last one. I mean, there are probably a lot of people only in at the $100 mark, who will probably add another $100 or more in the last days once they add up all of their add ons. But I wonder how many people who simply wait until the kickstarter is closed and add funds during the questionnaire phase. I guess my point is that we need to make sure we are committing our funds up front and encouraging others to do so. We need to make sure people understand that the benefits of it.

I'm not sure where this will hit, there is no doubt many already who are going to more than double their existing pledge by the end, so you'll see a rush in the last few days again. I think $5 million is not out of the question, but it may well only get to 3.5 or 4, depending on word of mouth and the number of people who commit their funds before closing.

• Like 1