Sign in to follow this  
ladystorm

Bones Kickstarter #2 Discussion

How about a copy of the Warlord rules (PDF) as a stretch goal?

I really hope it is this time part of the Kickstarter.

Still do not know why they could make it possible in the first one. 18k new possible players...

God 5 Million if we get that high I'm sure there are going to be some NICE add-ons. I wonder what the Kaladrax Reborn equivalent will be. EEEEEEEE!!

I think it is hard to get something better as The Kraken.

Yea I agree with that I love that thing and its one of the few add-ons I'm definitely getting...although a resculpt of Gauth or something like that I'd throw money at :)

• Like 1

So, ~ 1,450 things to paint.

I have kicked myself a million times so far because of it, because simply put, it was an amazing deal, and I will not lie about the fact that I am slightly envious of people who pledged for it, so I knew that when Bones 2 happened, I would be in on it.

Vampire sets are available on eBay for about $200 each, still a good price, although with 1.5K of mini's to paint, maybe superfluous! Reaper has the Vampire set on sale in its online store.

I only started painting recently, but have been collecting unpainted mini's since Grenadier. 3.5K at last count, maybe 4K. Thanks, FFG. Finished up the 1993 Steve Jackson Games Dork Tower mini's and am painting them with eleven Munchkin mini's. Calculated that, if you bought the 240 Vampire mini's, you would have to paint a miniature every 1.5 days just to keep up. :P

BTW, Now that the updates are slowing down, backers are asking questions on them (and the comments)! Matt's in the hospital, Bryan needs his sleep, and Matt requested the veterans to help out!

• Like 1

I think it is hard to get something better as The Kraken.

Goroloth!

or maybe Tiamat.

Ok, Tiamat would beat The Kraken. But only if it is a good sculpt.

This is my favorite in the moment:

Design-Toscano-Lysander-the-Five-Headed-

• Like 4

And on that note, I cringe to think of the distance between stretch goals toward the end of the campaign! :wacko:

Currently, the trend is similar to the first KS Bones. The unlocks were between 100K and 400K once they got to the 1M$ mark.

If I recall correctly, they lowered the last goal to get a chance of getting C'thulhu.

Edited by Cranky Dog

Okay I bought every dragon last KS, so I promised myself that I wouldn't buy any new dragons for this KS. I can't hold to that promise if Tiamat makes an appearance though!

• Like 1

Yea I agree with that I love that thing and its one of the few add-ons I'm definitely getting...although a resculpt of Gauth or something like that I'd throw money at :)

I would so throw money at a Bones Gauth.

In regards to the "free" rewards - I wonder if this would work out better to keep everyone happy...

... run BOTH of the rewards (purple & orange) as "Orange Options" and each Purple Reward is instead a "Select 1 Option to Add-on to your order - no extra charge".

Different valued add-ons kind of throw a wrench in this idea, like $10 (oh rats) vs $18 (paint), but they could say Paints are 2 Options.

Gold could be add-on only or 3 Options (I'm not sure of the equivalent value, so I was thinking 3 might be fair).

It's too late this go around, but maybe next time.

I was wondering about that, as well (I mean, just look at how many $1 pledges there are). Unfortunately, all of the "post-KS" funds don't contribute toward unlocking new add-ons.

But each of those after the KS closes dollars is worth a bit more to Reaper than those from the KS.

KS charges a percentage fee - any funds picked up after the KS closes means that Reaper get's to keep the fee (and use it for more machines and molds of course).

Good point! And to LittleBluberry as well; I thought of that right after I posted. :blush:

No doubt, I already figured on this much, and it would be silly for Reaper not to allow it for that very reason. Plus I added quite a bit last time afterwards, because i was in the middle of upping my pledge when Cthulhu rose and killed the Kickstarter servers. There are two issues with this and hopefully Reaper is smart tries to do something to take them into account:

1. It prevents us from unlocking new levels with all those extra funds. I had friends hop on for an extra $400 last time after it closed. Maybe they could continue to unlock levels during the first 48 hours of the questionnaire phase?

2. It's hard to determine, but it might actually result in less money for reaper...even if they do save on the KS fees. Less money during the KS, means less unlocks, means less fervor and excitement, means less bandwagon funding.

Either way, there is probably no way to easily fix this and I say they are doing pretty ok as it is. It's actually probably more on us to commit as many funds as we can during the KS and encourage our friends to do so. It may not benefit reaper as much, but it definitely benefits us.

I would definitely pledge to get some Goroloths/Aboleths too.

Who am I kidding? Anything new/cool I'm probably going to up my pledge for!

They're on track for ~$4M by my estimate.

$1M first day

$100k (on average) per day thereafter; ~$2.3M

$1M last day

Kicktraq says $52k @ halfway through today, which is less than half of yesterday (which was 250k for the whole day). I expect 75-80k tomorrow, then 50-80k per day thereafter unless we get a larger influx of backers or the gaps between rewards closes.

The ever-increasing gaps between rewards are really grinding this down, because current backers need new incentive to add-on (which the large gaps prevent) and new backers are fewer and farther between. A "Purple Perk" means that even less money will flow in, since there's zero incentive for Thanks backers, and nothing to throw money at for Core backers.

Reaper could fix this by allowing Core Set pieces to become Add-Ons like KS1, so current Core backers could add multiple batches of Core items for themselves.

• Like 1

Reaper could fix this by allowing Core Set pieces to become Add-Ons like KS1, so current Core backers could add multiple batches of Core items for themselves.

This is on the way, but not done yet. (I requested the prices to do them as add-ons for pledging and they replied that a calculator is being worked on)

• Like 2

In regards to the "free" rewards - I wonder if this would work out better to keep everyone happy...

... run BOTH of the rewards (purple & orange) as "Orange Options" and each Purple Reward is instead a "Select 1 Option to Add-on to your order - no extra charge".

Different valued add-ons kind of throw a wrench in this idea, like $10 (oh rats) vs $18 (paint), but they could say Paints are 2 Options.

Gold could be add-on only or 3 Options (I'm not sure of the equivalent value, so I was thinking 3 might be fair).

It's too late this go around, but maybe next time.

I highly doubt that would happen given that one of their stated goals was to reduce the complexity of orders.

Didn't Gencon fall within the first Kickstarter?

Some kind of convention did. Maybe it was Reapercon.

I love griping like most people (and I live in NY) but honestly, the Kickstarter has started. Nothing's going to change with respect to how it's run as Reaper has told us time and again, they planned it all out ahead of time as is right. They've promised streamlining and provided it as much as possible. They've promised communication and are on top of it. They've even shown us a breakdown on how much the intangibles (and Amazon) ate at the capital they built with the previous Kickstarter.

I know this won't stop the debating of shipping and such but I'd really like to enjoy speculating on the stretch goals and what Mr. Bones will do next. Seriously, I hope he doesn't roll snake eyes on this game board.

As an aside, shout out to the graphics department at Reaper. I am enjoying the old school board game style.