Bones Rauthuros

imars

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The wings are a single piece that attach at the back. The tail attaches at the *ahem* buttocks. The two lower arms attach at the elbows, and the head attaches at the neck.

I can't imagine working with this guy in metal. He must be really heavy.

Glad you liked the coloring!

The wings are a single piece that attach at the back. The tail attaches at the *ahem* buttocks. The two lower arms attach at the elbows, and the head attaches at the neck.

I can't imagine working with this guy in metal. He must be really heavy.

Glad you liked the coloring!

First. Well done! Second. You're inspiring me as I am assembling both right now. I'm playing Warlord, and really want to get him on the table, so the Bones one is together. The metal one I'm still drilling all the holes for pinning and readying a plan of attack for gluing the wings, then using greenstuff to keep them together. It's a beautiful kit, but not for inexperienced modellers.

Lately I've been using tiny woodscrews to pin larger pieces together. My metal Rauthuros will have screws holding his hooves to the metal base!!

Great job!

How do you managed to "lock" his wings in this high position? My wings seems to height down no matter how much Hot/cold baths I give to him. Did you pinned it?

Nothing actually. Just luck of the draw. I have other figures which I have bathed that do not want to stand straight. Right now I am trying spring loaded grips to hold one figure in place hoping that over time it will remember the new position.

Great job!

How do you managed to "lock" his wings in this high position? My wings seems to height down no matter how much Hot/cold baths I give to him. Did you pinned it?

Nothing actually. Just luck of the draw. I have other figures which I have bathed that do not want to stand straight. Right now I am trying spring loaded grips to hold one figure in place hoping that over time it will remember the new position.

Let us know if that works. I'm gradually going to be trying to paint more bones and less metal, and I've heard that the boil method doesn't work 100% of the time for repositioning. This is another solution that seems plausible.

PS. Love the Varsuvius avatar. I haven't read OOTS in a long time, but I will always have a fondness for those characters.