Terrifying Fall Contest! 2013 Autumn/Fall contest (Rules and Entries)

Darkmeer

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thrym: Glad to see Mr. Bones II made it out! I followed your WIP thread and I really liked the diorama, I thought that was a possibility for the fall contest, but I'm glad to see him nonetheless.

dsmiles: It's a living construct coming to kill you. Yep, it falls under the terrifying category.

Now, the judge's helper will be posted (likely Monday or Tuesday), but we've got less than 7 days now for more people to bring more wicked and aweseome to the awesome that is this thread. bblythe is working on one I know, and doing a good job so far, and I'm going to be diving into the forums soon for a final push this week.

/d

• Like 1

Thrym: Glad to see Mr. Bones II made it out! I followed your WIP thread and I really liked the diorama, I thought that was a possibility for the fall contest, but I'm glad to see him nonetheless.

I had to put some time in at work to get a client's website finished* and some small amount of illness kept me from finishing the diorama. Unless I go straight home from work and crush it out.

* It amuses, amazes and frustrates me to no end, when a client who is switching to our hosting with a completed redesign of their website misunderstands the situation and cancels their old hosting prematurely. It inevitably requires that I spend all the time needed to finish the work in 1 or 2 days at 16+ hours per day to make a site live because of their impatience or ignorance. The most annoying one occurred when a client told their old host they can terminate their old site on December 1st. Their old host figured it would be okay if they shut it down before taking off for Thanksgiving weekend some several days earlier than the 1st. So not only did the client short-change our work time, their old host ruined my holiday. Suffice to say, that our client was one of the few we've charged for a rush job and holiday time. So what little money the client thought they were saving by avoiding a year's worth of hosting that was due with their old host; they in turn spent on the time they were charged for rushing the job and the extra work needed afterwards to include content that the client made unavailable to us by canceling the old site.

EDIT: Did the end date of this contest change? For some reason I had it stuck in my head that it was set for the 25th as it was the night before the kickstarter ended. And yet, the rules state 31st ... which is also appropriate. If that is in fact the case, then the Diorama may yet happen.

Entries must be in by Octobeer 31st at 11:59 pm CST

Edited by Thrym
  • Like 2

EDIT: Did the end date of this contest change? For some reason I had it stuck in my head that it was set for the 25th as it was the night before the kickstarter ended. And yet, the rules state 31st ... which is also appropriate. If that is in fact the case, then the Diorama may yet happen.

Actually, that's the one thing that NEVER got changed for clarification. So, you may yet have a shot :bday:

• Like 1

Well I have finished my first entery for this contest Miss Gorganzola. I really kind of enjoyed painting her and hope that she looks as good on the forum as I think she dose lol. I used paint to crop the pic down to just the mini and then used micorsoft office pic manager to "auto-correct" and compress the pics for the light box i used a cardboard box that I took the top and side off of.

Well let me know what you think about her. I have included quite a few views of her so enjoy.

post-9140-0-55209700-1382717794.jpg

post-9140-0-83158700-1382717798.jpg

post-9140-0-66984500-1382717801.jpg

post-9140-0-89598700-1382717804.jpg

post-9140-0-08575000-1382717811.jpg

post-9140-0-00181700-1382717817.jpg

• Like 8

Actually, that's the one thing that NEVER got changed for clarification. So, you may yet have a shot :bday:

So, now I have to figure out where the date came from and what IS ending tonight. Thoughts?

And yes, I will work on the Diorama. I'll actually be at work for a while tomorrow (same reasons as above) and maybe even during the Kickstarter end.

Oi, don't make me nervous with this talk of it ending on the 25th!

This week has been hell on me, I haven't gotten any painting done. Thanks to my co-worker, I'm sick, I'm working overtime tonight, and the hassels have been unending! *whimper* I just want to paint, is that so much to ask? ::(:

Yup. Pretty much where I've been this week. I got MB done last week and just needed some better photos. The diorama got shafted. I head to work soon to do some more last minute stuff this evening while I watch the Kickstarter end. So next week is bonus for me since I had the date wrong in my head.