Terrifying Fall Contest! 2013 Autumn/Fall contest (Rules and Entries)

Darkmeer

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And I declare this thread CLOSED for new entries as of immediately. (sadly, my Halloween included watching Cloud Atlas with Mrs. Darkmeer. Pleasant time with her, confusing as heck movie, that's terror enough for me!).

So, we've got some entries to judge, stay tuned for updates!

• Like 4

Whew! I just made it! *collapse*

I wanted to trim the base of the rabbit properly, but couldn't do so quickly without seriously risking my fingers! I'll post a better picture (just for the sake of completeness, I know it won't count for the contest) once I've gotten it tidied up and glued onto the base properly.

Also, I NEVER want to speedpaint for that long again, argh. Serves me right for procrastinating! :P

Oh, I forgot to mention that Mr. Bones is suppose to look all cartoony-like, he's based off of this picture:

post-11389-0-61546500-1383282348.jpg

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

• Like 4

Everyone who entered, I thank you all. First timers and "old-timers" both did really well and there are a lot of miniatures, some of which I had to go "figure finding" hunting for, which gave its own surprises and fun (and a larger shopping list for me in the near-ish future).

There are a TRUCKLOAD of entries to judge and score. And I'm pleased with that. Some of these entries are going to be an absolute nightmare to score, not because anyone did poorly, but because everyone did so well!

Anyways, I'm about 1/3 of the way through the entries already, although I started judging you early (hey, I wanted to do this in a timely manner!). My other compatriot Judges are likely scoring as they go as well.

Also, anyone seeking feedback on what the marks were and constructive criticism, please place that request in the post-mortem thread I am going to create momentarily. I'll announce winners in that thread once we have scores from all three judges.

• Like 10

@One Boot: So glad to see you got your entries in, they look smashing! Your killer rabbit from Python's Holy Grail is most excellent. The Hubby and I still do quotes from the film and one of my favourites is when Arthur is at the French Castle. Here's one of my favourite lines

"Ah don' wanna talk to you no more, you empty-headed animal food-trough
wiper! Ah fart in your general direction! Your mother was a hamster, and
your father smelt of elderberries!"

• Like 3

Thank you Anne! :blush: They both could have looked a lot better if I'd gotten started on them sooner so I had more time, but I'm pretty happy with how they turned out. ::):

@Everyone - Thanks for making my first contest a good one! I thoroughly enjoyed looking at everyone's incredible works of art! :D

Huzzah!

• Like 4

*remembers where he set the topic and holds it out of reach again*

Hey Ub3r... What can you see with those magic glasses?

Hey Buglips ... try those glasses on. *takes them from Ub3r*

*tosses the topic to the Gobbo*

*looks back over to Thrym* I saw alllll the colors maaaan... It was groovy.

• Like 1

RUN AWAY!!! RUN AWAY!!!!!!!!

Oh, BTW OneBoot, I love that you did this conversion, I might have to steal that one from you!

:lol:

If you do, I'd HIGHLY recommend trimming the original ears down quite a bit; they gave me significantly more trouble than I'd anticipated, and kept poking through the GS right where I didn't want them to be. <_<

Huzzah!