Terrifying Fall Contest! 2013 Autumn/Fall contest (Rules and Entries)

Darkmeer

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll say this: Fun is fun and work is work. If you're worried about it not being fun, then don't paint two of them. I'd like to see more of your work though, given I follow the Tale of Warmahordes (and participate there) too.

I think I'm painting either ATGMs or Proteus this month. Probably Proteus, it will take less time.

• Like 1

Well I am going to attempt to throw my hat in on this contest. Won't likly win anything other than the pride of saying I have done my first contest.

That's actually a pretty good feeling. I think I gathered about 6 votes in my first contest. The contest was open for all members of a particular forum to vote on.

Well I am going to attempt to throw my hat in on this contest. Won't likly win anything other than the pride of saying I have done my first contest.

That's actually a pretty good feeling. I think I gathered about 6 votes in my first contest. The contest was open for all members of a particular forum to vote on.

lol, I'm pretty sure that I finished like next-to-last in my first contest. But it was fun and the start of major steps forward in my painting. ::):

• Like 1

lol, I'm pretty sure that I finished like next-to-last in my first contest. But it was fun and the start of major steps forward in my painting. ::):

Sadly, I didn't even vote for me.

• Like 3

I won my first contest with the second mini I had painted in 14 years. It wasn't the best painted mini entered, but the contest was for people starting or returning to the hobby and the best two were obviously veteran painters. It was still pretty tight, as some people voted for the best paint job overall and some people voted based on the paint job considering the experience of the painter. But that experience is why I get touchy about explaining how I painted some in the 90s. It got a bit weird, though that was still before the Studio McVey forums got real nasty.

Dsmiles, I never vote for myself (I voted for ObsidianCrane in that competition).

• Like 2

you guys pay too much attention to places, votes and winning ::):

consider a contest as a great chance to get inspired, find motivation, improve yourself and paint another cool mini ::):

It's not about the winning. It's about the thrill of competition. I'm in the military, and we're (more-or-less) all competitive by nature. I don't particularly care if I win, but that store credit would sure be nice. :;):

• Like 4