Sign in to follow this  
Darkmeer

Terrifying Fall Contest! 2013 Autumn/Fall contest (Rules and Entries)

I just have to keep telling myself: "At least there's the door prize, at least there's the door prize..." :upside:

Also, it looks like I might have to change what I'd originally planned on doing, due to the base I wanted needing to be ordered from Reaper (it's really an integral part of the piece I have in mind), plus a lot of heavy conversion that was going to happen to the mini itself. I'm going to wait until I know for sure whether I'll be able to do it before telling y'all what it is (and it'll happen eventually, just maybe not for this contest; we'll see). Though the other mini I have in mind is rather...big, so I'd have to get started on it soon if I want to be done by Halloween!

Gah! Too many decisions! :wacko:

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

• Like 5

Well, ok. Be silly but don't snap your brushes.

okay, good, because you know,silly is kinda what I do. When I'm nervous,Silly.When I'm excited, silly. When I'm drunk....deeply contemplative, and silly

• Like 2

Cash, that is awesome. I am going to go pout for a little, then snap my brushes

Yup. Exactly what he said. Awesome job!!

• Like 2

Cash, how do you get your backgrounds to complement the colours of your figures? You did the same thing with Lysette and it's beautiful. Do you have a basic background that you use and then change the color gradient based on the colours of the figures?

• Like 1

I just have a bunch I downloaded and printed off the Internet. I mostly use the brown and blue ones. For this one, I just positioned him off center against a darker part because I thought the main part would look kind of like moonlit fog.

I think that the background fit that thought quite nicely, Cash.

So far, I'm really liking the entries (yes, all of them!).

I'm about 2/3 of the way off with my Rotpatch (for those keeping track of the Judge's assistant), and I'm looking forward to more entries! It's going to help me determine where to send the zombies for the brains so I can figure out how you all paint so well!

/d

I wanna know how Cash does the light from the lamp reflecting on his chest. Any pointers for someone who has never tried that kind of "shading"?

• Like 1

I wanna know how Cash does the light from the lamp reflecting on his chest. Any pointers for someone who has never tried that kind of "shading"?

Which part in particular? It's a pretty simple paint job, really. I did the whole thing in the limited moonlit palette and then applied the OSL palette over the top of that. As with all my projects, I keep a running Work In Progress thread. I keep an index in the first post (linked in my signature below), the gravedigger's WIP starts here.

If there are any other questions you have, feel free to! Thanks for your interest.

Introducing Stinky Maisy the Witch, so called since she has no clue to her own nasty odour. She has no nose due a recent mis-cast (spell) in Tchy'nar.

Her only wish is to recieve the coveted Doore prize, awarded to the magically maimed and scarred by the magical community.

Crappy phone pics follow.

IMAG1003.jpg

IMAG1004.jpg

IMAG1005.jpg

• Like 14