Sign in to follow this  
estrus

I, Frankenstein trailer

This was certainly a surprise! For me, movies like this don't necessarily have to be good, but they are certainly inspirational for mini painting.

... and Eowyn is in it!

Edited by estrus
  • Like 2

You'd think that the people writing this would have checked the accuracy of the character names, or at the least that one of the hundreds of people working on the movie would have picked up on the main character being incorrectly named (not to mention the title being wrong).

Part of me is saying "It's probably still a more palatable story than the book"....and another part of me is saying "WHOA THAT VIDEO GAME LOOKED SOOO COOOL!" .....and that other other part of me is saying "I sure would like a bowl of Frankenberry".

• Like 3

Part of me is saying "It's probably still a more palatable story than the book"....and another part of me is saying "WHOA THAT VIDEO GAME LOOKED SOOO COOOL!" .....and that other other part of me is saying "I sure would like a bowl of Frankenberry".

I could not get past the earliest part of the Mary Shelly book.The narrator felt kinda flowery to me and reader of the audio-book seemed to magnify that vibe. Might try another version. I did thoroughly enjoyed Junji Ito's manga version. http://junjiitomanga.wikia.com/wiki/Frankenstein since that one let the monster be ugly.

I'd want to poke more fun at this version not being ugly enough, but that is nothing new. Even Karloff was not what I'd call ugly in his depictions of the Creature. Grim, imposing, sure, but more of "OMG get this big lug a doctor!" nowhere near enough "OMG KILL IT WITH FIRE!"