Kicktraq Bones 2 Kickstarter Tracking

ladystorm

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was hoping that we would average about one stretch goal a day after the initial push. Not sure if that will be maintained or not, but even one every two-three days should lead to more overall unlocks than last time.

• Like 2

In an interview Bryan did right after the first one finished, he said that all but two or three days saw at least one stretch goal met. I think after blowing through about a bajillion in this one in the first DAY, things are probably going to grow more slowly here in the middle than the first one. The first one started small and grew, this one started HUGE, and has very slowly been growing.

That said, I can't wait to see what the next unlockable will be!! *F5 F5 F5*

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

• Like 1

THe first KS data provides an interesting perspective - basically it is the reverse of the current one - the huge leap started on the first day rather than the last day so right off the bat Reaper knows what their bare minimum commitment is - of course it is certainly possible that this KS will see the huge last day the first one did but I actually kind of doubt it - I think we'll end at about 20 000 backers and close to $4 million in pledges.

I am anticipating a "U" shape with the last two days specifically being rather large due to the Kickstarter reminders going out. Also, the more people that pledge, the more likely the deal is better and therefore the more people will join in. Also, the more options there are, the more people will be able to buy and therefore the total will increase.

• Like 1

Consider that on the european daytime the project now tends to solw down, while last year I thougt that the first kickstat growth almost at the same rare in ROW than in US.

Not to be pessimistic but I think that to acieve a new goal we probably still need two days.

In any case last time we started more solwly as has just been said. I think that now we have retourned to a more normal rate of interest for this project, but in the end the golbal resolut could be greather than last year, since even now it is an interesting deal, and so more pepole that now observe quietly may become interested in the last days.

Edited by Ursha&NoAkei

Not quite at the same rate...well, not even close to the same rate. RoW provided around 25% or so of the total daily pledges (based on time zones and peak activity). We would see an uptick as European backers woke up and did their day to day grind following a slowing during the evening hours as the peak activity band went from Australia/East Asia across the relative gaming dead zones of central Asia and the Middle East.

I havent been watching the hourly numbers as closely this time around, but what I have seen so far seems to repeat last years activity cycles. There really hasnt been a significant drop in pledges due to the shipping issues, just a lot of groaning from a few people.

Remember, ther are over 10,000 backers right now and out of those, probably 2,000 or so will be paying shipping. The ones who are upset about it are maybe 100 or so...a small fraction of the whole RoW total.

i think the trending is totally off due to the huge amount that pledged in the first day

the daily amount has been declining pretty steadily..we're probably not gonna see unlocks faster then 1 a week soon.

the real question to me if the last 24 hrs will have a significant swell or will it be a mild one. I think it will be a mild one since the bulk of the users that pledged late on the last one probably already did.

i got a feeling this one will end up around the same as the first one or slightly less

but I am a pessimist(well i think i'm a realist..others say i'm a pessimist)

OTOH there's over 900 $1 pledges. If they all go $150 that's over $900,000 just waiting to happen.

Very true. Most likely, they're going for a much smaller amount - $10 or 20 - but it would be nice if everyone who knew they were going to get X, or that they were willing to spend Y on this project, would just pledge it up front.

I know I'm going to spend up to $300 on this, so I pledged that at the start. If Reaper ended it tomorrow, I wouldn't have all 300 spent - but I'd have time to adjust accordingly. By the time we do end, I'm sure I'll be scraping up more because there will more awesome stuff to pledge on, but $300 is what I know I can spare.