Dai-Mongar

T'Quan, Skoli Warrior (02434)

This guy was WIP for a long time, but I finally got around to finishing him up.

post-3125-0-69342500-1381067996_thumb.jpg

I'm happy with the red skin on him, it came out pretty well. His eyes are almost impossible to actually paint, though, they're so deep in the sockets. I ended up just shading the socket and calling it done, which I think looks alright.

The metallics are a little disappointing in retrospect, but not worth redoing at this point.

T'Quan is a really nice figure, and one that you don't see painted up all that often. One of the highlights of the Dungeon Adventurers boxed set.

• Like 12

Huh, I've never seen him before. That's a pretty snazzy little mini. Nice Garrity piece.

I really like your base and the skin; the shield is a nice little touch on the base, and the skin tone is quite striking.

I get what you're saying about the metal, and you're right that it could come up a bit, but I think the armor looks like a nice dirty metal that keeps getting oiled but never cleaned. No rust, but not much shine, either.

Thanks for sharing!

• Like 1

Thanks! There's a half-buried skull behind him on his base as well. Actually, I really should take a booty shot, there's enough going on on the back half of this mini that it's probably worth it.

Now that I'm looking at the zoomed-in photo, I feel like he could have done with a bit more shading around the face, and his sword isn't that great... maybe I should stop looking at close-ups. :wacko:

Skin looks great, but it does kind of overwhelm the armor. Sometimes there's not much you can do about armor being boring.

• Like 1

I like it, shading or not. It's definitely like this guy has been fighting battles for forever, he's holding that sword and going "who's next," after wiping out a 100+ person infantry squad.

• Like 1

Here is the promised bootay shot:

post-3125-0-05982900-1381116383_thumb.jpg

Where you can see the skull on the base, his fur butt-cape and his scabbard.

Edited by Dai-Mongar

Wow, you're right - you don't see paint-ups of this guy very often. The red skin is a really great choice for him - and I'll echo what everyone else said about the worn metal look being a good fit as well. Especially with this base and it's rubble and skull, he doesn't seem like the kind of guy who spends a lot of time shining his armor.

• Like 1