Reaper Master Series Paints

Theely

Hello - I was wondering, do the Reaper Master Series Paints freeze? I'm assuming they do since they are water based but at the same time wasn't sure if there was something in them might prevent it? I've been wanting to order the complete paint set but the temp is starting to get cold here. I would hate for them all to freeze when they are left at my door step while I'm at work. :(

Edited by Theely

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I sometimes have to order paint midwinter, though I try to avoid doing that. I also can't necessarily get to the mailbox everyday (it's one of those community ones, inconveniently located half a mile away).

While I have had Reaper paint freeze, in both cases it was a combination of extreme cold and being left to sit in the box for a few days. So they're fairly robust and tough to kill.

And be careful with Future and Reaper Paints, at least at one point they didn't play well with each other. Now that may have been before Anne had to find a new base for the paint line. Since that time though I have completely forgone the use of Future in my paints, even for washes. Better to use something specifically made for our paints.

Well here is my follow up. After checking the forecast for the state last week I placed my order for the complete MSP set. Go big or go home right? Just my "luck" mother nature decided to hit us with a cold front. My paints will arrive in state tonight where they will sit in a non-climate controlled UPS warehouse and it will hit 20-30F degrees tonight. I might weep.

I'll let you know how it goes. I'll either be celebrating with massive hip thrusts that will throw out my back or I'll be looking for that ledge Cash was on.

Got my paints! So far everything looks good! I guess I won't be able to tell for sure until I sit down and get to work. I'm sure all is well though.

One question I do have though is, do all droppers have an agitator in them? Some of the thinner paints and the washes clearly do but some other bottles and the Matte Additive, I can't tell. I went through and gave every bottle a fairly good shake while I inventoried them. Some might need more shaking but I already gave myself a headache from what I did do haha.

• Like 1

One question I do have though is, do all droppers have an agitator in them? Some of the thinner paints and the washes clearly do but some other bottles and the Matte Additive, I can't tell. I went through and gave every bottle a fairly good shake while I inventoried them. Some might need more shaking but I already gave myself a headache from what I did do haha.

Last time I checked, this was the case. As the paints thicken with time, you may find it harder to detect the agitator. Sometimes they get stuck at the bottom and need to be stirred to free them up.

I always add a second agitator to the bottle, because I'm stupid like that. 8 mm beads seem to be the best option: glass will probably be the cheapest & most non-reactive option, although I personally use hematite for no readily explainable reason : )

Wait, so other states have four seasons? I'm still having to run my A/C here in Texas. Seriously, though, would it be possible to leave a note for the delivery guy (UPS, USPS, etc.) to hold the package at their warehouse so you could pick it up later? I used to know my UPS guy (I had a lot of stuff being delivered at one point) and had to do that when I was out of town for a week.