Sign in to follow this  
Last Knight

There's something rotten in the pumpkin patch...

So I've begun my entry for the impromptu Halloween contest; 03377, Rotpatch the pumpkin golem.

post-8164-0-69496600-1381102592_thumb.jpgpost-8164-0-55137100-1381102573_thumb.jpg

The prep work was done last year, black gesso and dry brushed white. I've been meaning to paint him as the primary antagonist in a D&D game for some time now, so this seemed the best opportunity.

Begun the base coating has: Army Painter Lava Orange for the pumpkins.

post-8164-0-71309900-1381102618_thumb.jpgpost-8164-0-67893100-1381103031_thumb.jpg

SO MANY PUMPKINS.

• Like 16

...formula?

Straight Army Painter Lava Orange right now, prolly wash down with Strong Tone, drybrush or layer the basecoat for the first highlight, and then touch it up with white or yellow... but I haven't decided yet, and probably won't until I'm actually hammering at it.

Yay, glad to see him being painted up! :D

And ya, that is a whole lot of pumpkins, wow.

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

Yay, glad to see him being painted up! :D

And ya, that is a whole lot of pumpkins, wow.

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

It's about time, hey?

...and I think I missed one. >_<

• Like 1

You did miss one at the base in the middle of his feet :P

Watching with interest as my non-entry entry is also rotpatch. Sadly, with my 2-year-old it gets interesting painting. I had purple vines to work with mine the other night.

Also: Army painter lava orange is a handy color, that and their Daemonic Yellow are the only two non-Vallejo colors I own (working on getting more reaper paints and all the Vallejo paints).

Hehe, painting with kids is great. I let my daughter put weird colours Kk her own minis instead of mine, though...post-8164-0-08812900-1381107505_thumb.jpg

Reason 37 to love Bones!

• Like 9

Mine is still painting a unicorn "my horse!" and an owlbear, and the Chronoscape Ape-X in bones.

She's also painted some bits of my primed metal models and bones models (recent additions are bright pink on Beast 09 and orange on Sir Forscale, right after I did his metals... ).

I miss my old "I'm painting alone" space...

Edited by Darkmeer
  • Like 1

Very nice orange. I could see painting the scythe, wash/highlight the orange, and leave he vine being black gesso as being pretty cool.

• Like 1