80004: Sascha DuBois (Summer exchange 2013)

Nissiana

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks! Somehow my post went through without some of my text - that chain is from a broken necklace that made its way into my bits box. It was just the right length to fill the distance between the integrated base and the lip of the round base I mounted the mini on. I thought it added a little extra steampunk flavor!

• Like 2

She's almost as cute as my wife. ;)

This is a well done mini. I love the color selection, you did an excellent job on the red hair, I thought. The purple pants and green coat are a surprisingly good combo. I also like how your saturation (that is, how intense each color is) is constant throughout.

The picture makes the highlights look chalky, but it looks fantastic in person, even close up.

Now how to get her and Last Knight's Lauren Silversail in the same game....

-Dave

• Like 2

I'm so glad you like her, DispatchDave! Thanks for the compliments. The color scheme is similar to that on a PC I'm currently finishing up for one of the newest players in our D&D group, and I though it would work well for Sascha, too. I'm not terribly surprised the paints turned out a little chalky in the pictures - these particular colors used some paints that haven't aged well, and they've gotten surprisingly temperamental. I fought with the paint consistency quite a bit on the palette, but I'm quite happy with the end result - and I'm glad you are, too!

Dai-Mongar, she's a blast to paint, I highly recommend her. Sanael painted one last year, and I was delighted that we got another copy in the Vampire box of Bones so I could have a turn at painting her as well. The chain base is super easy to do, except for that last link. To make it look a little more like a continuous chain, I split a link in half. After the rest of the chain was glued down to the base, I added that link to close up the gap. It looked a little too bright compared to the rest of the model as-is, so I gave it a couple of coats of matte sealer, then did some washes to bring out the chain detail and mute the natural metallic sheen a bit. Have fun with it!

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.