Bases, Buildings and more

Sanwah

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I see a grain in the wood on some of the pieces so its likely that he is using 3mm Baltic Birch Plywood. If that is the case they will need a light sanding and should be sealed with a primer or a sanding sealer before painting. Otherwise the wood grain will re-emerge as it soaks up the paint. Wood will really soak up your paint too (as will MDF for that matter) so its best to always prime it to avoid the grain and "fuzzies".

• Like 1

I see a grain in the wood on some of the pieces so its likely that he is using 3mm Baltic Birch Plywood. If that is the case they will need a light sanding and should be sealed with a primer or a sanding sealer before painting. Otherwise the wood grain will re-emerge as it soaks up the paint. Wood will really soak up your paint too (as will MDF for that matter) so its best to always prime it to avoid the grain and "fuzzies".

Hmm, I'd like to see some experiments with different paint types on his wood then. If I have any cash left over after Bones then I could put my 25$ towards this easily.