super glue woes

bblythe84

The bauble on her hair is accually superglue that got umm misplaced. The shoulder that I glued on looks funky as well. So my question is what do you do when you accidlently slop super glue where you dont want it to be. I do not at this moment have my needle file set due to it being lost.

post-9140-0-83882500-1381333366_thumb.jpg

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Artists

If you have a hobby knife, let the glue dry thoroughly and then you can usually carefully scrape/pare it off. It's fairly brittle, so something like the blob that got the hair, you can often wiggle the knife under and pop it off. If you notice it while you're gluing, use a pointed toothpick to scrape up the excess.

• Like 1

Little know fact: the enzymes in our saliva will disolve super glue.

No, don't lick your miniature! Who does that?

Lick your finger and then dab it on the spot. It will take a few applications, but it will come off (eventually). I don't know what effect it will have on the paint, though.

• Artists

Are you applying the glue directly from the bottle? If so, pointed toothpicks could help you in another way. Pour a dab of glue on a plastic plate or old blister pack or something. Then dip the toothpick into the glue, and then apply it to the piece to be glued. Wipe off the excess with a dry toothpick if you think you got too much on. Superglue can actually work better when you use less.